Principal Data Engineer (Spark/ Java)
Digiterre is a software and data engineering consultancy that enables technological and organisational transformation for many of the world’s leading organisations - be they commodity or energy traders, banks or investment managers, digital disruptors or public sector providers. We envisage, design and deliver software and data engineering solutions that users want, need and love to use. We achieve “Agility. At Greater Velocity” because we care about taking ownership for solving the toughest technical challenges and creating outstanding outcomes. As a consequence of this approach, we typically deliver high-risk, high-profile and time-constrained projects in less time than competitors, often significantly so.
Digiterre has won at least ten different industry awards including Best MiFID II Solution – Trade and Transaction Reporting awarded by HFM European Hedge Fund Services.
Our working culture is highly collaborative, consultative, and respectful. We fully understand our client’s needs as they evolve through the development lifecycle and use modern tools, methodologies, and technologies to enable us to work closely with in-house experts, and their end users, to maximise the benefits to all involved
Recruitment Agencies: We are not looking to onboard additional suppliers at this time and will not respond to resumes sent speculatively for this opportunity.
Principal Data Engineer Spark/Flink and Java
- An in depth understanding of data modelling and experience with data engineering tools and platforms such as Kafka, Spark, Flink and Hadoop
- Core Java experience
- Solid experience building large-scale data pipelines and data-centric applications using any of the distributed storage platforms such as HDFS, NoSQL databases (Hbase, Cassandra, etc.) and any of the distributed processing platforms like Hadoop, Spark, Flink, in a production setting
- Strong experience building and operating data pipelines, and maintaining data storage, all within distributed systems
- Experience in microservices, event sourcing, cloud-based solutions or other modern architectural patterns
- Domain knowledge in one of more of: FX, Market Data, Investment Banking, Energy Trading or Fin Tech
- Experience of TDD
- A Professional services mindset- demonstrates genuine empathy and desire to work collaboratively to solve customer problems
- Good prioritisation and time management
- A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow things through
- The ability to present and absorb complex ideas quickly and accurately
- A team player, self-confident and collaborative
- Attitude – enthusiastic, positive, and self-motivated
This is a contract opportunity.
The selection process:
Selected candidates will undergo an initial phone screen followed by a technically focused remote selection process with potential peers and leadership.
We undertake background checks as part of our compliance requirements, the type of which depend on the level of security required for the role or client project.
Our values are Care, Quality, and Leadership.
Like all great professional services organisations, our aim is to delight our clients through the delivery of excellence and adherence to the highest levels of accountability in all that we do. In short, through keeping our promises and by over-delivering against our commitments wherever possible. Underpinning those aims is an all-encompassing passion for technology and data-led transformation. We are driven to demonstrate the point that brilliant software and data engineering, which meets the precise requirements of business users is, not only possible, but is the standard against which all initiatives should be measured; without compromise.
We aim to add business value far in excess of the cost of delivery, project after project. We are constantly seeking to hire additional team members who, like us, celebrate continuous learning and who want to work in a high-respect environment to contribute significantly to delivering the change that our clients have come to expect of Digiterre.