Come and join us as a Principal Operational Risk Management (ORM) and ensure operational risks are identified and effectively managed via the ORM programme to achieve sustainable business results. Working in a small, motivated team you will help us achieve our ‘burning ambition’ that includes zero harm.
We take safety seriously. So will you
Safe. Smart. Sustainable. Probably not the first words you typically associate with mining. But Anglo American is not your typical mining company.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work.
A key focus is to assist the organisation with ORM implementation as the key driver of risk management avoiding over-complication and ensuring efficient use of available risk resources in an agile manner.
In addition to this you will also;
- Exemplify a culture where safety and health are paramount and act as a role model
- Support work to identify, manage, and control or eliminate operational risks and help identify, manage and benefit from operational opportunities that could impact business objectives
- Embed definitions for objective and relevant operational risk management performance measures and implement the performance monitoring system to accurately and timeously inform management of key risks, potential consequences, probabilities, and control effectiveness
- Improve sustainability performance of the AA safety organisation over time.
- Establish processes to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Establish compliance with external (legislative, regulatory, permitting) requirements
- Required: An undergraduate qualification (Bachelors / Honours degree or equivalent) in a relevant technical discipline
- A consistent outstanding role model in relation to safety and risk practices with a deep understanding of the importance of risk management
- A proven track record and extensive practical experience in a role and context of similar complexity in a relevant technical discipline
- Demonstration of successful execution and delivery within risk management in a global mining or energy operating environment
- Comprehensive understanding of operational processes and risk management systems developed through direct experience in operational environments and especially organisational layered risk models
- Extensive experience in risk assessment tools that include critical control assessment and management
- Excellent facilitation skills working in multi-cultural environments and with international experience
- Track record of translating concepts into practical initiatives to be implemented
- Demonstrated experience working at a senior level with operational and/ or enterprise risk management processes
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Advert closing date: 16th March 2021