Springer Nature opens the doors to discovery for researchers, educators, clinicians and other professionals. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals, platforms and technology solutions reach millions of people. For over 175 years our brands and imprints have been a trusted source of knowledge to these communities and today, more than ever, we see it as our responsibility to ensure that fundamental knowledge can be found, verified, understood and used by our communities – enabling them to improve outcomes, make progress, and benefit the generations that follow.
Visit: group.springernature.com and follow @SpringerNature
Job title :
Product Manager - AdTech
Head of Advertising Technology
Purpose of the role:
The purpose of this role is to lead innovation across Springer Nature’s range of digital advertising products. You will work with internal stakeholders from across the business to deliver new digital advertising products and maintain and improve current products . You will focus on growing revenue, improving the efficiency and effectiveness of marketing, and creating a great user experience.
Need to do
Key tasks :
- Capture and translate user and stakeholder needs into deliverables, operating with a commercial mind-set.
- Alongside the Head of Advertising Technology develop and communicate product visions and strategies, and work to secure organisational buy-in.
- Translate agreed visions into prioritised deliverable goals through management of the product roadmap, backlog and stories .
- Develop a consistent, optimised advertising offering across the portfolio of Springer Nature research-focussed websites.
- Own the DMP (Data Management Platform) product, including audience segmentation for advertising, marketing and personalisation.
- Use data ( qualitative and quantitative ) to analyse the performance of your products and identify opportunities and areas for improvement.
- Report back to management and key stakeholders on product performance.
- Manage integrations between your products and other marketing, sales, production and finance systems.
- Be responsible for recording, prioritising and solving any technical issues either directly or with IT colleagues across the business and via external agencies.
- Create training materials and deliver training to end users.
- Work closely with the sales and marketing senior leadership team, providing recommendations on how to maximise current and potential revenue through developments in our adtech setup.
- Ensure return on investment through setting and monitoring relevant KPI metrics.
Key relationships :
- Research Marketing, Springer Nature Digital , Business Systems, Product and Platform Group
- M aPS Marketing Directors & Marketers
- M aPS Sales Directors & Sales Executives
- M aPS Sales and Digital Advertising Operations
- 3rd party technology vendors.
Need to know
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of the digital advertising and marketing ecosystem – platforms, ad formats, business models.
- Product management skillset: Managing a roadmap and backlog, prioritisation between competing items, working with teams to deliver projects.
- A strong commercial outlook, and knowledge of monetisation strategies for content.
- Ability to create convincing business cases to help visualize business benefits.
- Working knowledge of Publishing, Marketing, Advertising, Media and Sales operations.
- Excellent collaboration, influencing and motivational skills.
- Proven ability to solve complex and detailed problems using an analytical and data-driven approach.
- An interest in technology and an understanding of how it is changing the marketing mix.
- Competent in a wide range of product management principles and approaches.
- Proven credentials in building commercially successful, innovative digital advertising products (B2B, B2C)
- Extensive experience of digital advertising, ideally in publishing or a similar industry.
Interested in hearing more about UK early career opportunities? Why not follow our early careers page on Hive to find out more: https://hive.springernature.com/groups/uk-early-careers
At Springer Nature we value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We recognise the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.