Product Manager - London
Amazon UK Services Ltd. London a month ago
- BS or BA in computer science, engineering, math, finance, or economics
- 2 years of product management or consulting experience in technology-focused business
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively with different functional groups, data engineers and senior business leaders
- Proven ability to collaborate with and effectively influence remote teams in multiple countries
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy; interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Experience in data visualization tools(e.g. Tableau)
- Travel up to 20% may be required in the future
Are you an Amazonian?
Come build the future with us! What unites all Amazonians (across teams and geographies) is that we are striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier—whoever they may be. In pursuit of delighting customers, Amazonians have developed many products and services that have transformed the way our customers live their lives and run their businesses. Together we are building the future, one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Wherever you are in the business – whatever team, whatever level - we all work to one set of Leadership Principles that help us hire the right people and run our business in the best way. These principles are followed every single day. They are highlighted in the way we interact with each other and how we behave. They are: Customer Obsession; Ownership; Invent and Simplify; Are Right, A Lot; Learn and Be Curious; Hire and Develop the Best; Insist on the Highest Standards; Think Big; Bias for Action, Frugality; Earn Trust; Dive Deep; Have Backbone – Disagree and Commit; and Deliver Results.
About Amazon Operations
Amazon Operations sits at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. We deal with the ‘everyday experience’ of shopping on Amazon. We look after everything from the moment a customer click’s buy, to the moment that item gets delivered – from desktop to doorstep. Across Europe we have more than 50 fulfilment centres, hundreds of delivery stations, thousands of machines, and tens of thousands of employees, all working together in harmony to make sure the right item gets delivered to the right person in the right place at the right time.
- Are you passionate about developing and preserving a positive relationship with candidates?
- Do you believe that automation trumps manual processes every time?
- Can you “think big” in the creation of processes and tools that are designed for global, long-term use?
You will be responsible for the definition, design, execution, and optimization of our reporting and software roadmaps in the area of high volume recruiting. You will work closely with a wide range of business professionals across Amazon to leverage our data in ways that provide business insight. But you won’t stop there. Your role is also responsible to research innovative ways of candidate profiling, analyzing labor market trends, conducting geographical spatial analysis and identifying opportunities in streamlining and optimizing existing recruitment processes.
- Create and drive innovative and scalable systems to support our high volume hiring growth
- Help to inform decisions around hiring risk assessment across EU and various business lines within the existing reporting framework as well as by developing new scalable solutions
- Conduct and lead research projects and analysis on optimizing the existing software and data portfolio
- Manage your own process: identify and execute on high impact projects, triage external requests, and make sure you bring projects to conclusion in time for the results to be useful
- Execute and manage spatial and labor market analysis and translate the data into meaningful site selection reports
- Experience in geographical spatial analysis
- Experience in developing dashboards in a modern BI tool experience (power BI, QuickSight)
- At least one scripting or programming language (SQL)
- Strong internal customer service focus
- Proficiency in more than 1 EU language