We have a clear purpose: to accelerate the global transformation to cleantech. The world has woken up to the fact that water and energy are precious resources that must be cherished. Technology will play the leading role in transforming the industry so that we can all live a more sustainable life. Gentrack is a technology-first company that leads in our core markets, providing essential software and services to the utilities industry, moving it into the cloud, transforming it to be agile and deploying clean solutions to consumers and enterprises across the globe. We bring innovation and pace to the industry.
We are currently hiring a Product Manager to join the company and our mission where you will manage all aspects of the product plan and build an understanding of the energy sector to plan our delivery of a regional product.
We have great customers that depend on us to provide essential services. As a B2B software and service provider bringing complex, mission critical systems to a few large-scale clients in the UK and across the globe, we will only fulfill our global aspirations if we have the most talented leadership working with these clients to secure their business through the delivery and support of great technology.
Gentrack is a 500 person, growing business, listed in the public markets of New Zealand and Australia. The main people centres are in London, Auckland, Melbourne and Pune.
In this role you can expect to:
- Build an understanding of the energy sector to plan our delivery of a regional product, leveraging our global insights from next-generation utilities leaders
- Manage the product plan: capture work from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritise work to maximize the value that delivers a positive commercial outcome
- Explore the next wave of problems with customers through research and regular interaction
- Collaborate with your team in thinking big, to imagining future solutions that solve these problems
- Scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to customers as early as you can
- Constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures
- Own and maintain the quality of the product your team is responsible for; deliver value in every release
- Motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers
What we're looking for:
- Multiple years of experience in a software product role, driving change and learning through multiple release cycles
- A strong Utilities or Telecom BSS background
- You have worked in a complex data domain where you can articulate simple value propositions for complex models and processes
- You focus on outcomes first with examples of how learning and feedback have been incorporated into strategies and experiences
- You are a clear communicator who is able to guide discussions with executives, decision-makers, and users
- You are ready to represent the product, always looking for opportunities to improve engagement and support customer success
- Have an understanding of business application software architecture - web and cloud applications are ideal, and we will invest in growing your knowledge
- You are willing to travel domestically to spend time on-site with customers - you will have flexibility and input into the timing and duration
This will be a role offering constant learning, working as part of a vibrant team. We are very passionate about what we do and, therefore, the successful candidate will be focused and capable of delivering in a fast-paced and time-constrained environment. Our reward package is competitive and global career prospects are good for the right person.