Production Executive, Amazon Tennis
Contract SummaryReporting into the Head of Production, the Production Executive will support the Head of Production, Executive Producer and Finance Executive by managing the day-to-day operational aspects of the Amazon Live Sport portfolio. A key purpose of the role is to be the dedicated point person for the client with regards to all things operational, ensuring that staffing, project delivery, compliance with policies, cost reporting and communication is as effective as possible. In the absence of the Head of Production you may be required to make informed decisions autonomously.
Application deadline is Sunday 14th March at 11:59pm.
The Production Executive (PE) will consistently and regularly support the HOP by providing regular reports and updates on: status of all productions and workflows, client requirements and expectations, staff status, all contractual updates.
The Production Executive will be responsible for managing and maintaining an efficient operation and management system for the day-to-day running of the department, including but not limited to client liaising and reporting, meeting client expectations, adhering to budgets and agreed timescales, ensuring cost reporting commitments are met, ensuring all necessary production documentation is prompt and accurate. Oversee and implement Endeavor/IMG systems and processes; identify training opportunities for all team members in order to maximize their capabilities as well as acting as the department’s Health and Safety, Sustainability and Inclusivity Champion.
The Production Executive will be responsible for improving the communication and operational systems, processes and policies across the department, to ensure streamlined workflow, appropriate management reporting, communication and information flow and organizational planning, and ultimately fulfil the client requirements.
- The PE will be able to react to changing parameters, client requirements and other unforeseen circumstances, having pre-empted cost implications for various outcomes, and budgeting them accordingly when required.
- Play a role in long-term planning of the department, including any initiative geared toward operational excellence, including:
- Where relevant, work with the areas of IMG that also support and provide services to the clients to ensure there is an understanding of the clients needs and they are being prioritised accordingly, also create and maintain effective and united communication pertaining to the client’s portfolio in collaboration with the HOP, EP and Finance Executive.
- Identify training opportunities for all team members in order to maximize their capabilities, development and responsibilities, within their given roles/job descriptions. To effectively manage and develop the production team including appraisals, succession planning and on-going coaching and development.
- Identify improvements and efficiencies in terms of resources and staffing; Identify and recruit new staff to support the department as and when necessary.
- Directly line manage the Production Managers and provide training or arrange for training, and supervise development of all staff members as appropriate.
- Manage staffing holidays, DOILs, Time-sheets, Maternity leave and cover, sick days and other days off in line with requirement/policy. Identify improvements and efficiencies in terms of resources and staffing (including freelancers) for the department.
- In collaboration with the HOPs, oversee and implement WME/IMG systems and processes associated to production insurance, health and safety, production protocols, travel management and HR/engagement policies, Sustainability objectives, Inclusivity initiatives – and other relevant policies, as required.
- The Production Executive will work closely with Legal, Finance, HR and IT departments to ensure adherence to company policies new and evolving (eg. Brexit implications and IR35).
- Ensure all Content is Compliant with relevant regulators and markets and the relevant team members are working to the most up to date compliance regulations and to industry standards.
- Negotiate and create staff and freelance contracts as well as other supplier and talent contracts, as requested, and where necessary, ensure all suppliers are vetted prior to engagement (as per company policy).
- As required, input into departmental executive/ management meetings to support the wider business.
- As required, step in and oversee a project on behalf of PM’s when required, and provide visable support and ‘boots on the ground’ help where necessary during live events including some antisocial hours/overseas travel.
- Assist with new business opportunities across the department including budgeting for tenders.
- You may also be required to carry out any other duties which are within the scope and purpose of the job.
Required Qualifications (Knowledge & Experience)
- Prior experience managing large teams and implementing and improving systems and processes
- Extensive prior experience of Production Management in Live TV production
- Proven experience of client liaison and account management; experience in building and strengthening successful relationships with clients
- Extensive knowledge of TV production and Live production workflows; contracts, insurance, risk assessments and health & safety
- Experience of working across multiple productions, effectively managing and prioritizing workload
- Proven experience of managing large budgets across multiple projects and comprehensive understanding of budget implications
- Extensive experience of project finance management including Cost Reporting
- Experience of managing the recruitment life cycle in conjunction with HR
- Experience working to and implementing health and safety policies
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent interpersonal skills (when to deploy tact, diplomacy and discretion)
- Excellent team management skills; good team player / builder
- Ability to recognise potential and facilitate training and development
- An ability to stay calm and rational and work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to pivot plans and embrace change when required
- Ability to work effectively without close supervision, using own initiative and paying close attention to detail
- Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously
- Computer literate
- Excellent client facing skills. Ability to engage with and persuade key stakeholders to achieve business and creative objectives
- Proven ability to motivate and lead production team in the absence of the Head of Production Health and Safety Production trained
- Prior experience working as a Production Executive or similar grade
- Prior experience working for an OTT streaming service
- Prior experience working with live broadcasters and at sporting events
- Previous experience of dealing with live feeds and access to live events, and remote production
- Knowledge of archive/footage/music rights clearances;
- Understanding of business affairs, including employment law, contract and copyright, union agreements, conditions of service, equal opportunities, corporate social responsibility, ethical position on doing business and health and safety at work
- Ability to seek and identify appropriate /useful new technologies, software and workflows
- This is a fixed term position (until December 2022)
- Please note, we are operating on a remote working set up until lockdown restrictions have been lifted. Thereafter, the role will be based at Stockley Park, Uxbridge (free on-site parking)
- Working hours are on average 40 hours per week
- Occasional weekend work and unsocial hours – as and when dictated by key milestones and demanding production schedules.
We want you to have a career you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others.
IMG Productions is the largest producers of sports programming in the world, responsible for thousands of hours of content on behalf of more than 200 federations, associations and events. Producing and distributing three 24/7 sports offerings in Sport 24 , the first-ever live, global, premium sports channel for the airline and cruise industries; EDGEsport , the premium action sports channel; and the Premier League Content Service for international broadcasters, which includes all live matches, comprehensive analysis and regular magazine programming. Our multimedia product offerings include inCycle, Golfing World, Amazon Tennis, European Tour Productions, SNTV, Euroleague Basketball, Trans World Sport, EFL, FEI, FIVB, Evoke Films and more.
IMG is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.