McCann Health London is a part of a large global network McCann World Group, we are a connected community of healthcare experts united by one vision: to help our clients’ brands and businesses play a meaningful role in people’s lives.
Through combining science, creativity and strategy we strive to deliver best-in-class services to some of the world’s top, as well as emerging, health and wellness brands. This means integrating advertising, design, relationship and digital marketing, shopper experience and production. Throughout this process, we’re guided by McCann’s founding philosophy, Truth Well Told, which drives work that truly matters and saves lives.
Project Management is the engine of the agency, running the day-to-day delivery of projects and balancing the need for exceptional quality and project profitability. The Project Manager will be key to this function by delivering large and mid-size projects to client requirements, on time, on budget and to the highest quality – their role will be pivotal for building client relationships by helping clients navigate through complexities, and by providing clarity and organisation that ultimately leads to trust in McCann Health work, process and ethos.
Everything you do will be guided by our pursuit of excellence in Science, Creativity and Strategy.
- Develop, own and update detailed project documentation and action plans for the duration of each project as appropriate.
- Put together and own scoping documents for assigned projects, such as SoW, project timeline and budget.
- Work across multiple projects of varying type and complexity simultaneously.
- Closely monitor progress against allocated projects on a weekly basis, to make sure that the projects are timely, accurate, resourced correctly and within budgets and prepare reports for the wider team.
- Ensure relevant stakeholders have visibility and sufficient information of progress for all allocated projects to support relevant decision making.
- Analyse and escalate project risks, log and create mitigation plan to minimise disruption to successful delivery.
- Working closely with Senior Project Managers and Head of Project Management, start becoming an advocate of the Company’s project delivery approach.
- Follow and promote the requirements of the project delivery approach across the Business Units you work with.
- Follow and optimise processes and systems for effective project management as required per project and within the framework of the organisation’s project delivery approach.
- Perform accurate and robust budget monitoring against project plans for allocated accounts.
- Follow a robust process of notification or escalation to report on both underspend and potential overspend with the appropriate approvals sought for either situation.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Project Management stream within Business Units.
- Develop great working relationships with other departments and work with them to (a) scope and plan work (b) manage expectations and communicate requirements (c) update on project progress (b) manage daily tasks and drive delivery.
- Demonstrate through attitude and everyday actions a support for a culture of diversity and inclusion; respect for others, collaboration, responsibility and accountability.
- Contribute to a culture of personal growth and high performance through strong collaboration, knowledge sharing and mentoring.
- Proactively engage with Business Directors and senior managers to identify opportunities for business improvements, including championing digital innovation and excellence across the agency.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
What you will need to demonstrate to be successful at the job.
- 3+ years or equivalent experience in digital project management (creative, integrated or digital environment)
- Managing integrated projects with budgets of £250k+
- Experience collaborating with other agencies and third parties on local and global projects
- Solid understanding and experience of digital technologies to effectively communicate with developers and technical specialists
- Knowledge and experience of project management processes and ability to adapt process to project needs
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- Experience managing digital projects such as website builds, microsites, apps social media campaigns, banner campaigns, email campaigns, interactive and congress experiences, and confident with digital strategy, SEO, analytics, CMS platforms, email marketing platforms
- Proficiency with project management software
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical promotion guidelines
- Experience of healthcare professional digital marketing
- Passion for science and healthcare aligned to the ethos, mission, vision and values of McCann Health
- Recognised formal project management qualification (PMP/APMP/Prince2/P30 or equivalent)
- A diligent project manager who takes accountability on projects and exhibits the below traits:
- Adaptable, confident and solutions-driven
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Attention to detail
- Personable and brilliant at building strong relationship
- A competitive salary and benefits.
- Tremendous opportunities for personal growth and development.
- A vibrant, collaborative office environment.
- Strong links with our McCann sister companies and the IPG network, and associated resources.