Project Manager - Fit Out
Are you a fit-out Project Manager who is looking to advance your career? Managing commercial washroom fit out projects within central London (£1 - £4.5m), this is an opportunity to join a strong existing team, reporting directly to the Construction Director who will be heavily involved and supportive in helping you deliver timely and quality projects for our clients.
** To apply, follow the link included within the 'How to Apply' section of our website's advert - https://www.careys.co/group/careers/vacancies/project-manager-washroom-fit-out **
BDL Dry Lining have been delivering turnkey washroom design and fit out projects since 2013 and offer a full off-site prefabricated solution which is constructed at our facility in Milton Keynes. You will manage one project at a time and be based on a site within central London. Your first project is a 13 storey Commercial Office fit out near Paddington Station, working for a Tier 1 Principal Contractor and a globally renowned architect and client.
The scope of works compromises domestic pipe work, small power and lighting, screeding, drylining, Terrazzo floor and wall tiles, veneered joinery and Solid Surface worktops and is set to run until May 2022.
- Overseeing projects from start to finish- ensuring they are completed on-time, within budget and with a focus on exceptional quality and finish standards and health and safety
- Designing and managing the construction programme using Asta Team Plan to maximise efficiency and ensure completion is in accordance with the schedule. We can assist with training on the use of Asta if required.
- Management of the project budget in conjunction with the Commercial Director
- Effective leadership, management and motivation of site teams- developing goals, objectives and assigning responsibilities
- Monitoring project progress and construction deliverables, holding regular progress meetings with the site management team
- Proactive and responsive in dealing with site problems or queries
- Ensuring timely and accurate completion and filing of project documentation and reporting inc. weekly progress report and Health and Safety reporting.
- Building and maintaining lasting client relationships, ensuring all expectation targets are met or exceeded
- Coordinating a multi-trade workforce and liaising with the company supply chain
- Liaising with project architects and our in-house design and manufacturing teams throughout the design and delivery process
This role is best suited to a collaborative and influential leader, with demonstrable project management skills developed with a fit out contractor. To be considered, you must hold the following qualifications/certifications and experience;
- CSCS Black Card & SMSTS (essential)
- Demonstrable experience as a interior fit out Project Manager (minimum 2 years)
- Construction management qualification (preferable)
- A fit out/joinery background with a sub-contractor is preferred, however, we would also welcome applicants with Project Management experience from a main contractor background. Success within this role stems from experiencer/attributes such as;
- A sound knowledge of interior fit out on commercial construction projects
- Ability to programme a project and amend as the project develops
- Strong commercial acumen
- Proactive self-starter, who responds positively and readily adapts to an evolving and fast-paced environment, remaining confident and calm under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, maintaining good working relationships with colleagues, clients, and suppliers.
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills –planning, prioritising and managing the site team within a fast-paced and changeable environment.
- 40 hour week. Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 days Bank Holidays
- Competitive salary and benefits package (inc. pension, healthcare)
BDL is one of the largest specialist dry lining contractors in the UK with a turnover in the region of £75m and a workforce of around 900 skilled operatives. The company was established in 1977 and became part of the Carey Group in September 2013.
We provide a range of dry lining services and turn-key washroom fit outs to clients in London and the South East, covering both residential and commercial developments. Our extensive portfolio of work includes internationally recognised landmarks and a range of developments for the UK's largest house builders and developers.
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here https://app.beapplied.com/apply/eqkvaijq9e or follow the link included within the 'How to Apply' section of our website's advert - https://www.careys.co/group/careers/vacancies/project-manager-washroom-fit-out
Expected start date: 22/03/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £50,000.00 per year
- fit out project management: 2 years (Required)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place