Project Manager (Remote)
StarRez is currently seeking an experienced higher education professional with the desire to join a dynamic and successful team specializing in software to automate the housing and conference functions for universities and privatized university housing while enhancing the student experience. This Project Manager role is based in the United Kingdom and will report to the Manager of Professional Services.
With over 700 customers worldwide, we're looking to expand our team in the UK with energetic, self-motivated, responsible professionals looking for a challenging career.
About the Position:
We place an extremely high emphasis on our services and support teams. As such, this role is critical to the success of our customers and the company. It's important to show our customers a professional, well-refined process for bringing new software live in their environment. Training and ensuring the customer is comfortable using the system as quickly and easily as possible is key.
- To manage the installation, implementation, and training process for new customers based on a timeline mutually agreed upon.
- To manage and maintain strong relationship with customers, with every effort made to ensure they are satisfied, and open to discussing their experience with other prospects.
- To manage projects with current customers who are interested in acquiring additional software and/or professional services.
- To provide customers with Housing and Conference management subject matter expertise.
- Running implementation projects for different customers simultaneously based in the UK, Europe and possibly the Mid-East region
- Preparing Project Management and Training Materials (content, packaging, delivery, etc.)
- Carrying out New and Existing User Training Onsite and/or remotely
- Testing of New Product Versions
- Liaising with StarRez Support and Development during Project Implementations & Users' Training
- Assisting with Documentation, User Groups, Help Guides, User Manuals, FAQ's and related materials
- Assisting representing StarRez at trade shows, nationally and/or internationally
- Assisting with Support of existing customers
- Assisting with support of prospects, responses, demo's and RFP's
- Assisting with up-selling modules and/or services to existing customers
- Consulting with clients via phone, email and onsite
- Independently make travel arrangements and other logistics/admin activities as necessary
- Conduct demonstrations of the solution based on the requirements of implementations and projects
- Following process and procedures for logging time, managing projects and communication (internally and externally)
- Flexibility to work with the Denver and Melbourne office time zones for calls and meetings as needed.
- Be Self-motivated, disciplined, and able to work independently
- Able to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under pressure and with time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative and team oriented environment
- Ability to set, manage, and meet deadlines
- Ability to provide resolution and/or escalation to customer concerns in a timely fashion
- Ability to understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully both internally and externally
- High appreciation for technological solutions and a desire and ability to learn about a variety of technological concepts in order to offer technical suggestions and insight
- Detail oriented with an understanding of the importance of documenting project meeting minutes, action items and discussions/decisions held with project teams
Knowledge and Experience
- BS/BA degree required ore relevant experience
- Degrees in Higher Education Administration or Business related discipline are preferred
- Demonstrated skills developing lasting "trusted partner" relationships based on proven delivery results
- Strong oral and written communications skills and must possess experience at presenting and leading meetings with senior staff
- Strong judgment, issues management, and problem analysis techniques
- Experience working in accounting and/or with accounting systems
- Experience using or implementing Student Information Systems such as: Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, Banner
Values and Attitudes
- Outcome focused, delivering results for customers and our business.
- Structured, process minded
- Takes pride and ownership in work
- Proactive, takes initiative
- Commitment and dedication to work within deadlines, follows through with tasks
- Willing to ask for help and learn
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude gets involved
- Team player who is approachable and helpful
- Adaptable and flexible
The benefits of working for StarRez
StarRez is committed to keeping their employees engaged, challenged and rewarded!
As a StarRez employee you will have the opportunity to attend regular team events, professional development opportunities and potentially travel overseas to our international offices (Denver Colorado & Melbourne, Australia).
StarRez is a highly engaged company. We take pride in taking care of our employees & customers. Our culture and values are the foundation of our success and at the core of our business. We focus on customer service, teamwork, positive attitudes, taking responsibility, building relationships, managing expectations and something we love to call the Z-Factor which is our passion, innovation, care and enthusiasm.