R&D Software Technology Consultant @ KPMG - London
2 months ago
R&D Software Technology Consultant
KPMG - London
Every day we work with the UK’s most innovative companies and we are looking for people passionate about cutting-edge technology to join our KPMG R&D Innovation Reliefs and Incentives Team as a Software Technology Consultant and help UK companies to grow their businesses in the UK and globally.
At KPMG we strongly encourage a diverse and inclusive workplace. We foster a culture of agility and curiosity. Could this be the perfect next step for your career!
You will be working with high profile clients primarily from FTSE 350 global companies to help them claim R&D tax credits based on their innovative technology-focussed activities. You will be working alongside a diverse team comprised of experienced technology, science, engineering and tax specialists helping our client’s successfully claim the R&D credits.
Your primary focus will be to work alongside our client’s software engineers across a range of industry sectors e.g. TMT, Financial Services, Retail and ecommerce, Aerospace and Defence, Oil and Gas amongst others. As part of this role, you will gain an insight into the development technology challenges that companies in UK are facing, especially as businesses across a wide range of sectors look to digitise their existing business.
This opportunity is suitable for software developers or technical architects seeking to use their existing technical knowledge in a creative and analytical way and individuals who are looking to work in a consultancy environment with a focus on a client-facing role. The role will require you to possess strong technical knowledge across a diverse range of technologies, excellent communication, project management skills and client relationship building skills as well as working within in a team environment.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Liaise with the technical leads, developers, architects within our client’s companies to discuss their project portfolio with a view to identifying the key technology challenges faced during a specific claim year(s). Assist the technical leads identify which of these meet the R&D Guidelines.
- Prepare technical summaries describing the innovations and technical challenges within the projects undertaken by our clients to illustrate their qualifying R&D activities.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships, with both existing and new clients, through proactive communication and demonstrating technical expertise to win trust with the client.
- Ensure you are a strong team player and effective contributor by working collaboratively with other team members with different skills sets.
- Support senior colleagues pursuing new business opportunities with companies that are pushing the boundaries of innovation and can therefore claim the R&D tax credit.
- Build an internal network within the wider KPMG firm. The Person
- This role will suit a recent graduate or an IT professional with relevant experience in with a previous role
- Our ideal candidate will have:
- A degree or equivalent in IT, Computer Science or similar
- Experience as a software developer or technical architect.
- Experience of working on and resolving typical technical challenges faced by technologists in an enterprise environment, for example, resolving issues related to performance, scale, security or integration with other systems.
- Ability to research, extract and understand complex technical information and excel in articulating the information in a concise manner (both written and verbal) for a wide variety of audiences.
- A passion for technology and possess the ability to learn about how different technologies are developed and applied within a range of industries / sectors.
- Project management experience and be able to demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks, switch priorities and focus as required.
- Experience working collaboratively within different multi-disciplinary teams whilst being focussed on delivering excellent outcomes to a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, which enable you to actively participate in structured discussions with both technical and finance staff.
- Experience / knowledge in a range of the following technical areas would be beneficial:
- Software design and development technologies: .NET, Java, C++, Objective-C, Go, Node.js, Swift, Android, Python, Lua, Groovy, Perl, Python, SQL and NoSQL databases, ERP and CRM systems.
- Data science: Predictive analytics, Stream analytics, Distributed data storage, Data mining and ETL.
- Big Data: Hadoop, Spark or Storm.
- Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, IBM, Google Cloud, PaaS, IaaS and SaaS.
- Architectural patterns: SOA / Microservices, Monolithic, Event-driven and Serverless.
- Middleware technologies: Message brokers such as Kafka, ActiveMQ or RabbitMQ, API Gateways, JSON, REST, Protocol Buffers.
- DevOps tooling: Docker containers, Kubernetes, Virtual Machines, Apache Mesos, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform and Infrastructure as Code.This role is working remotely initially and you can be based anywhere in the UK, as long as you are happy to travel to a local KPMG office once travel restriction's are lifted post COVID.
This is a 3 months, remote contract role(possible visits to the London or Manchester office). Data visualisation tools (such as Tableau, Qlik Sense, matplotlib,…
You will have the opportunity to set up, monitor and track large scale experiments. You will be able to deliver incremental improvements to our existing…
Head of Learning (Motor Vehicle). (Fixed Term Contract to 31 July 2022). 37 per week with 4 hours remission from teaching.
One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. You will be working in our corporate finance team providing support for our sector focused…
Head of Learning Engineering- (Motorsport). 37 per week with 4 hours remission from teaching. As Head of Learning you will be responsible for ensuring the…
Lloyds Banking Group
The role is within Insurance Finance, specifically the Protection business of Scottish Widows, and reports into the Senior Manager.
Office of the Children's Commissioner
The Children's Commissioner for England promotes and protects the rights of children, especially the most vulnerable. Excellent R and SQL skills.
Head of Learning (Manufacturing and Aeronautical Engineering). (Fixed Term Contract to 31 July 2022). 37 per week with 4 hours remission from teaching.
The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Profound knowledge of SQL and python.
Coach the scrum team in using Agile methodolog ies and scrum practices. Helping the product owner and scrum team t o achieve customer satisfaction by delivering…
Highly Competitive plus bonus and excellent benefits package. Full time (happy to consider flexible working). We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to take…
Munich Re Speciality Group Ltd
The technical architect is accountable for proactively leading Application Development / Enterprise Integration driven technology transformation activities and…
A Data Analyst will bring structure to our raw data, connect the data points between our external facing and internal ERP systems and legacy platforms,…
You will be responsible for managing the warehouse layout and optimisation, receiving incoming deliveries, stocking them as needed and preparing the shipment of…
Full-Time Hours: 37.5 per week (school Year approx. Shift Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.45 am-4.45 pm. The actual salary for this position based on 39 weeks of…
Alvarez & Marsal
The successful candidate will be responsible for collecting business requirements, building out ETL processes and creating/developing Management information…
T. Rowe Price
Part of the division is dedicated to systematic investing and oversees a variety of research-driven, often risk managed strategies that offer alternative or…
You will primarily conduct Health Economics and Outcomes Research studies related to health technology assessment submissions.
To support our existing clients an in-depth understanding of the Banking and Financial Services domain as well as corresponding Data use-cases is essential.
King's College London
We are looking to appoint a driven, ambitious individual with advanced knowledge of statistical methods and experience contributing to clinical research…
You will be challenged with designing winning data products and developing new big data capabilities that will elevate American Express to the forefront of the…
R Burton and Sons Builders
Keeping on top of appointments and schedules. Sending emails and answering the phone.
As a Consultant, you will leverage your deep industry knowledge and technology expertise to make our clients’ strategic objectives a reality.
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Perform large-scale analysis on gigantic financial data from $1 trillion+ daily transactions and $200 billion+ cash;