Reference Data Manager - Vice President (Data Strategist/Project Manager) - Ops Change Fund Services
Global Fund Services Operations (GFSO) is forging a new path. Through material investment in data analytics, visualization strategies and skills of the future, the traditional 'operating model' is being fundamentally re-written. Our workforce is positioned at the forefront of data-driven change, is equipped with market-leading tools and enjoys freedom, at all levels, to continuously re-design the environment in which it operates. We are seeking stand-out candidates to be part of the team at the forefront of this journey - GFSO Change & Data Strategy.
You will help define and lead our organizations roadmap to become a data-first organization - supporting our teams to better visualize metrics, engineer data workflows, assure data quality and adopt new digital analytics tools
- You will work closely with technology partners to help design and implement strategic data foundations to support these activities
- You will build strong and trusted relationships with our teams - helping to drive business results and well as change mindsets as part of our journey to data excellence
- You will drive a culture of creativity - building a diverse network of data champions to drive progress globally
- You will create outstanding visual and verbal stories to help articulate this journey at all levels of the organization
Key responsibilities include
- Building trusted partnerships with Operations and Technology teams to design and deliver high-quality solutions
- Running a data book of work, project managing associated data deliverables and compiling regular status updates
- Managing risks and issues (including. technical) associated with data solutions
- Implementing a robust data governance and control framework to ensure integrity of data solutions
- Applying best-practice techniques and methodologies to deliverables
- Identifying, leveraging and supporting adoption of new data tools as they become available
Required Skills and Qualifications
You will have:
Relevant experience in Financial Services, working in a data-related role
- An operations background (highly desirable)
- A solid track record of to shaping and / or leading a strategic journey for a team or organization
- Strong practical experience of Alteryx, Tableau, Xceptor, UIPath, Python and / or other data blending, automation or visualization tools
- Excellent analytical skills, with experience collecting, analyzing and synthesizing large datasets
- Ability to deliver data analytics output and insights to senior stakeholders across a global business
- Capacity to think laterally and join the dots across 'the big picture'
- Excellent communication & storytelling skills - both written and verbal
- Proven ability to work autonomously, under pressure and to fixed deadlines
- A commitment to excellence, and an attention to detail, across all you do
- A passion for your work, that naturally drives others to 'come on the journey' with you
- A curiosity to look beyond face value - to get to the bottom of 'why' and to answer the 'so what'
- An energy that drives you to multi-task - to look beyond the task at hand, to the 'what else' and the 'what next' - both personally and professionally
- A willingness to coach others, and to be coached - and to constructively challenge the status quo
What We Offer You
- A unique role at the forefront of an evolving business, within a leading Global Financial Institution
- A leadership opportunity, to shape the narrative on behalf of 4000 Operations colleagues
- A working partnership with senior stakeholders, and hands-on executive coaching
- Creative freedom and a blank slate to produce truly innovative data solutions
- Space to experiment, to make mistakes and learn from them, and to drive continuous improvement through open debate
- Freedom to consistently re-imagine and re-define the environment in which you work
- Competitive salary and annual bonus
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan Securities Services:
J.P. Morgan Securities Services - global leader with $22 trillion in assets under custody, provides Institutional investors access to markets worldwide for the settlement, safekeeping and asset servicing of securities, along with ancillary services such as Foreign Exchange and Liquidity Solutions. The business is comprised of Custody, Accounting, Transfer Agency, Middle Office outsourcing, Foreign Exchange, and other activities related to servicing assets for traditional and alternative funds; it leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 100 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateral management and alternative investment services.J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.