Risk Solutions Structurer
Corporate Title: Associate
Department: Global Markets - Rates Structuring
Location: EMEA, London
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com
Rates Structuring is part of Nomura's EMEA Global Markets division. It is at the forefront of Nomura's EMEA structured solutions activities responsible for the manufacturing, marketing and execution of rates structured product and risk solutions business.
Key objectives critical to success:
Team is looking for a junior member to support the liability side of the business dealing mainly in rate derivatives with Corporate, Sovereign and Supra-national clients.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
Team player with a background in quantitative finance and especially rates and hybrid derivatives. Experience in modeling and pricing uncollateralized derivative transactions including XVA pricing. Ability to work independently and under pressure in a front office environment. Ability to interact with both external clients and internally with Sales and Trading stakeholders. Ability to project manage and organize new product approvals and internal processes
- Business language skills, in a second of third European language
- Experience in Emerging markets
- Programming skills in Visual Basic and/or Python
- Understand clients' needs and issues, and respond with high-quality proposals
- Acquire capabilities to perform one's responsibilities and contribute to being a Trusted Partner
- Produce new ideas that might challenge the status-quo or oneself
- Seek advice from senior colleagues and utilize it for improved results
- Collaborate with members from relevant department
- Contribute to the success of the organization both quantitatively and qualitatively, and act with awareness of the impact on others
- Serve as role model and provide guidance to junior employees
- Have a good understanding of corporate philosophy, professional ethics, compliance, risk management, and code of conduct, and make decisions and take actions accordingly
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the UK (who require a Tier 2 Skilled Worker visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that this is a genuine vacancy for a qualified role
Diversity & Inclusion
Nomura is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees.
We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender identity and gender expression, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
If you require any assistance or reasonable adjustments due to a disability or long-term health condition, please do not hesitate to contact us.