Sales Development Representative
EmpowerRD is a fast-growing startup based in London, UK. Our vision is to assist our clients to unlock all of the funding that rewards innovation globally. We do this by combining expert knowledge and advanced technology to take the complexity out of claiming for funding that is available. Our current focus is on helping companies within the UK unlock some of the £5Bn of funds available annually for companies that invest in research and development.
Having built a client base of over 500 companies in the last few years, we continue to expand our focus and as such are looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our highly skilled team. Working both autonomously and in collaboration, you'll play an integral role in our continued growth and be empowered with the right tools and training for top of the funnel success. In addition, you will gain valuable FinTech sales experience and, as you progress, be rewarded with the opportunity to grow with the organisation.
About the Job:
- Responsible for building, managing, and qualifying top-of-funnel pipeline for your go-to-market team.
- Conduct outreach on the phone, through email and via social media sites, such as LinkedIn, quickly developing a consultative sales style with a challenger mindset.
- Partner closely with the business development, marketing and partnerships teams to enhance your work and nurture short and long term business.
- Achieve goals for engagement, pipeline development and booked meetings.
- Report findings and share best practices with your peers and the wider company gained through strategic engagement with the market.
- Report to the Head of Sales Development
EmpowerRD has a strong set of values that permeate our culture and define how we work. You should consider whether these align with your personal values and style when considering this role.
- Lead with integrity: We do the right thing by our team, client and stakeholders. We find the right solution, not the first solution. We build trust through our technology and relationships.
- Professionalism in engagement: We are reliable and dependable in our behaviour. We are an authority in our subject matter - we know what we're talking about. We invest in learning. We are respectful in our communication.
- Bold in outlook: We are an innovative organisation and invest in innovation in our technology, our processes and ourselves. We are bold in our actions. We are market-leading in our thinking and services. We are driven by data.
- Proactive in focus: We have a growth mindset. We're not afraid of taking considered risks. We learn from mistakes and continuously improve. We don't wait to be told, we act as an example.
- Approachable in style: We see ourselves as an enabler of a wider ecosystem. We support each other and grow together. We are a team that is fun and positive. We make ourselves accessible to our teams, clients and stakeholders. We take ownership of our actions.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to quickly develop rapport and influence others.
- Capability to simplify and clearly explain complex/technical issues
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- A genuine go-getter attitude with a desire for constant self-improvement. Resilient in the face of rejection and learns from such.
- Committed to pursuing a career in sales.
- You might be someone with 1+ years of sales experience but more importantly, we need smart, considered team members.