Sales & Ticketing Assistant
Job Summary:Are you the person who volunteers to organise events for friends/family? Are you good at prioritising your time and workload? Do you enjoy ticking things off your list and interacting with colleagues and guests? We are committed to growing our team to reflect the diversity of our society and encourage applicants from all backgrounds as we search for an organised individual to join our team at Disney Theatrical Group. We are looking for excellent time-management skills for a multi-tasking environment and someone dedicated to delivering exemplary guest service. The team will provide training and support for you to gain the transferable skills required for this role.
Areas of Responsibility:
Overall Purpose of Role:
The overall purpose of the role is to support the day to day workings of the Live Entertainment Sales teams across all productions for Disney Theatrical Group in the UK. Primarily supporting the Sales & Ticketing Analytics team this role will ensure high level of attention to detail whilst assisting with reporting, stock control of available ticket inventory, departmental administration and client services support (venues, ticket agents, partners and clients) all of which will support the departmental ticket sales goals being met. In addition, this role will support the DisneyTickets operation (Disney’s Direct to Consumer Live Entertainment Ticketing Platform) with particular focus on larger group ticket sales and Guest care. In this role you will receive training and be supported in all areas of responsibilities.
Sales & Ticketing Administration
- Provide research on UK wide school holiday dates and other relevant time period/localized information as part of supporting show pricing and schedule planning
- Create, update and distribute promotional offers setup information between DTG, venue and sales agent (if applicable) ensuring promotions are set up correctly and in a timely manner
- Proof read all sales information on websites and other marketing material to ensure pricing, performance dates/times and access information is accurate
- Research and present to the wider sales team, current pricing per market (i.e. West End and UK regional) ensuring this information is available on a regular basis for competitor awareness and to support pricing decisions
- Working with our accounts team, administer weekly invoices for ticket sales that have been charged internally (typically marketing and production charges) ensuring all charges are accurate before being processed by the DTG finance team
- Maintain an excellent working relationship whilst working alongside Disney Community Affairs on community outreach projects involving ticket sales or donations for our shows, and ensuring any donations are accurately documented as per Company guidelines
- You will be responsible for departmental Guest correspondence, ensuring Disney Guest services standards are met
- Booking tickets for trade business and marketing clients, charitable events and similar requests.
- Take an active role in implementing a new booking system for VIP seat requests
Reporting and Sales Analysis
- Working as part of a team, assist in compiling and distributing sales reports that informs DTG EMEA and NY on current sales results, patterns and future outlooks
- Compile and distribute promotional sales reporting to update sales and marketing management on current tracking or final results of each promotion, highlighting issues or concerns
- Update promotional reporting archives to ensure these are always accurate and available for further analysis
- Compile and distribute analysis of high demand periods (such as school holidays) and work with Sales & Ticketing Analytics Manager on pricing for such time periods. With the overall purpose of supporting sales and marketing management’s decisions to implement relevant action required to maximize these periods.
- Compile and distribute educational group booking sales reporting alongside any ad hoc reporting and/or analysis required by the wider sales and marketing teams
- Advise wider marketing and sales team on key dates, events or production milestones by ensuring tracking documents are always up to date
- Assist with the monitoring of group and education booking sales to protect potential revenue by ensuring these sales occur in appropriate performances and seats.
- Group Booking Sales support: Using our ticketing system and Guest communications system) fulfil booking requests and orders via phone calls, emails, online form submissions and possibly, online chat.
- Online booking support: Fulfilling orders placed for Disneyland Paris special events, working with our payments team to resolve Guest payment issues e.g. missing refunds or closed bank accounts and supporting the DisneyTickets Operations Coordinator in disputed payments.
- Guest Care escalations: Resolving escalated Guest contacts from the Guest Services Contact Centre and Social media team.
- Working with the Commercial Supervisor and Operations Coordinator, update both Guest Services Agent and Guest facing knowledge based articles and processes in our systems.
- Assist with system support requests such as password resets and process advice. · Assist with Guest Services quality checks e.g. test calls.
- Ticket printing, mail posting and hand delivery to local venues may be required
- Assist with analysis, price changes and stock control inventory for select performances with particular focus on high demand periods (such as school holidays) to ensure we are always at optimal pricing and inventory levels
- Assist with the management of contractual inventory requirements.
- Control the release of VIP seats according to schedule and ensure these are at the appropriate price point.
- Monitor sales for Relaxed Performances and control ticket inventory as required.
- Maintain exemplary relationships with venue Box Offices ensuring DTG’s revenue and inventory management approach is encouraged at all times
- Client services support for third party ticket agents
- Attend regular Box Office and Marketing Meetings as part of the team
- Assist with travel arrangements and expenses for Sales Director and Senior Management
- Assist with special events (opening nights, trade events etc.)
Competencies, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Ability to work across large teams of different skill sets and levels of experience
- Ability to interact well with people who have different backgrounds and work styles
- Ability to provide a high level of attention to detail in all areas of responsibility
- Ability to support the productivity of the Sales & Ticketing Analytics and DisneyTickets team, as well as supporting the department’s partnership with the wider DTG team
- Proven experience in creating accurate reports ideal but not essential
- A passion for problem solving, following processes and offering excellent customer service
- Holds themselves self and others accountable to high performance standards
- Must be a confident user primarily in Microsoft Excel and Outlook, but knowledge of other Microsoft Windows programs ideal