Search Team Manager
MediaCom London a month ago
Search Team Manager
Overview of Role
The Search Team Manager will be responsible for leading the day-to-day planning and strategy, team management, and optimisation process towards KPIs to deliver growth, and meeting efficiency targets.
The Search Team Manager will be self-motivated, and able to manage their and their direct reports’ time effectively. They will be operationally proficient and have in-depth specialist knowledge of PPC principles and how the market operates.
They will also have solid knowledge of other media channels, how they fit within the overall media/marketing mix and how they influence search.
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to the Search Associate Director, with the wider team being overseen by a Digital Director.
The best things about the Job
1.Your development: we’ll support your learning and development ambitions, with opportunities to learn from other teams in the agency.
2.The team: A multicultural, talented team supporting each other in implementing best-in-class, award winning campaigns, and which has fun along the way.
Measures of Success
In three months, you would have:
- Proven to be the day-to-day lead for client contacts as well as internal stakeholders
- Ensured that client objectives and KPI targets are understood and optimised towards every day
- Overseen the team’s workflow management, from brief to post-campaign analysis, striving for operational effectiveness
In six months, you would have:
- Proposed short and long term projects to develop the Google and Microsoft accounts and deliver improved performance.
- Established a Test & Learn innovation framework.
- Worked closely with client team members to deliver fully integrated media plans and client brief responses.
- Challenged inherited ways of working with your own ideas for improvement
In 12 months, you would have:
- Gained a complete understanding of the client’s business and their needs, and shaped the Search strategy in line with it, whilst incorporating industry developments and market changes.
- Become an extension of the client’s team, providing added value for Paid Search and beyond.
- Shown to be proactive, and a real driver who inspires the direct reports.
Responsibilities of the Role
- In-depth PPC specialist experience
- Strong direct response experience i.e. working towards strict cost per sale/ROI targets
- Up to date with Google Ads, Microsoft Advertising and GMP developments
- Knows how to create, work to, and forecast accurate media plans, even when targets and market conditions may change
- A strong understanding of other media lines and how it works in conjunction
- Strongly process driven, from budget management to brief responses
- Collaborate with the Search Associate Director on innovative strategy, from beta tests to data insights.
- Oversee the workflow management and training for direct reports.
- Share learnings and best practice with the team and wider Search/client groups.
- Show initiative and proactivity to achieve our goals, working together with Google and Microsoft to improve the following workstreams: product adoption (such as automated bidding and DDA), investment, ad creative, data integration and measurement.
External and Internal Communication
- Communication lead (such as weekly calls and meetings) with the client contacts, media partners and internal stakeholders with the support of the Search Associate Director when required.
- Ability to simplify the complex, and educating clients on the intricacies of what we do
Technology and Systems
- Knowledge of systems such as the Google Marketing Platform (SA360) and account audit platforms such as Squared.io beneficial.
- Savvy lead of automated account management systems and processes
- Working knowledge of how to utilise and apply standard and custom scripts
What you will need
Detailed knowledge about data interrogation and how to apply this to granular account optimisation in line with KPI metrics and targets
- Self-motivated with an ambition to make the ordinary extraordinary
- A savvy people manager who is approachable and supportive
- Positive and proactive attitude, passionate about all things Paid Search
- Able to delegate and escalate without delay
- A real team player who keeps internal stakeholders updated
- Understand the client’s business and the challenges they face
- Keen to establish a collaborative relationship with our client contacts
- A strong communicator who presents with conviction
- Calm under pressure, reliable and organised
- Team player mentality
- Confidence to challenge those around you (including clients) to get to the best solution and offer your point of view.
- Knowledge of one of the following languages a bonus: German, Italian, Spanish, Korean, Japanese
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here! You can also follow us on Twitter and Instagram!
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*