Senior Actuarial Analyst (Reporting & Analysis)
We have a fantastic opportunity available to join our Reporting & Analysis Team as a Senior Actuarial Analyst.
In this role you will work alongside a team of highly skilled Actuaries to produce business projections; including scenarios and stress testing to support business planning, forecasting and risk management processes, the Group’s risk capital metrics and other relevant actuarial management information as required.
You’ll also support production of Group actuarial reports including IFRS and Solvency II, and support delivering responses to the regulator.
You will be based from our London office, although at present we’re all working remotely and longer term flexibility will be considered going forwards.
- Lead the delivery of actuarial aspects of business planning and prepare relevant management information to support this.
- Lead the delivery of actuarial analysis to support the objectives of the Finance, ALM, Capital and Investment teams within Just.
- Review methodologies and assumptions deployed in actuarial systems used to fulfil the team’s objectives.
- Develop and improve the modelling methodologies and reporting tools used and test reporting tools developed by the IT function and Actuarial Systems team.
- Represent the team and provide actuarial expertise to define actuarial requirements on projects and other change programme initiatives
- Support the development of responses to requests from the UK regulator and other third parties
- Work off your own initiative and showcase your commercial acumen.
- Operate a robust control framework for the production of results including maintaining appropriate documentation and compliance with relevant requirements (including TASs).
- A member of the IFoA and are making good progress with your exams (ideally having completed most/all of the CT/CP modules).
- A problem solver, with strong analysis and resolution skills.
- Influential and showcase leadership qualities.
- Excellent at both verbal and written communication, with great interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex financial concepts in a clear and concise manner at all levels.
- Knowledgeable of the insurance market and have an understanding of the products and services provided by Just Group.
- An experienced decision maker and able to assess materiality of issues and determine appropriate course of action.
- Experienced in working with UK and European Reporting Regulations.
Working for us, you get your Just Rewards…
- Such as a Competitive Salary, Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A Bonus Scheme that takes a balanced approach and looks at both `in role performance’ but also `the behaviours and attitudes you exhibit at work’
- FREE access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- Plus we have a variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to our Employees via our Online Benefits Portal