Senior Actuarial Analyst
London, EC3M 3BD
Who we are :
QBE is a global general and reinsurance company employing more than 12,000 people in over 31 countries. Across our operations we offer commercial, personal and specialty products and risk management solutions to our customers.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform the analysis to determine the capital needs of the business. More specifically this is expected to include:
- Parameterisation of capital model, particularly reserve risk and underwriting risk
- Validation of capital model output
- Running the capital model for regulatory submissions
- Assisting with reports and presentations for internal management and regulators
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory guidance
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Ability to pick up new processes quickly, and to question established processes and suggest improvements
- Strong skills in Excel and other analytical tools. Ability to develop sophisticated models to address business needs
- Knowledge of capital modelling software desirable (e.g. Igloo)
- Strong abilities in the use and interpretation of numerical data
- Effective communication
- Able to collaborate across the actuarial teams
- Making good progress with the actuarial exams with the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries or equivalent body
- Experience of working within the actuarial function in a multinational financial services business.
- Capital modelling experience preferable
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. We’re ‘Happy to talk Flexible Working’.
Please click the ‘Apply’ button to be taken to the job on our system.
Number of Openings:1
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.