The Senior Administrator is responsible for all aspects of the administration support for projects and other administrative tasks relating to the Corporate Communications Senior Director and team. The work is complex and non-routine in nature, requiring independent decision making and interpretation of significant policies and processes and situations by unravelling key issues and patterns and present concrete and workable solutions. This will also include some administrative support of the International Corporate Communications team.
- Managing complex diaries and organising meetings pro-actively, controlling access to the managers, based on a thorough business understanding and priority settings, for the Corp Comms Senior Director and other members of the team
- Regularly interacts with high level internal and external clients to coordinate accomplishment of company business needs.
- Handles details of significant matters of a highly confidential and critical nature.
- Composes internal and external communications and distributes on behalf of manager.
- Ability to write and edit documents (e-mails, memos, executive briefings, stakeholder mapping and PowerPoint presentations) clearly, succinctly and in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with colleagues at other sites to schedule inter-site meetings via teleconference or videoconference.
- Coordination of Corp Comms team meetings, including meeting set-up, catering and telephone and video conference. connection. International travel will be required occasionally.
- Implements and facilitates company policies and procedures for staff.
- Maintains records of materials and information transferred out of and into the function.
- Ensuring that administrative needs regarding vendor management are met in an efficient and effective manner. This includes: reviews, tracks budgets and manages expenses, contracts, PO administration.
- Travel and Expenses management for Senior Director.
- Act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience and/or less time in the company
- Performs other duties as assigned.
COMMUNICATIVE AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- Exercise sound, independent judgment, identify key issues and patterns from partial conflicting data/information and identify suitable solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and integrity, and the ability to build relationships and establish credibility at all levels.
- Uses discretion to modify work practices and processes to achieve results or improve efficiency.
- Ability to professionally communicate with senior leaders internally and externally, verbal and written.
- Has an understanding of the highly regulated work environment within the organisation.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of company operations, policies and procedures.
- High level of flexibility and a strong team worker.
- Displays exemplary organizational skills to maintain order and stability throughout function.
- Displays sound ethics and a fit for Vertex’s core values.
- Ability to clearly present project status and outline processes in oral and written formats.
- Excellent English written and verbal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Relevant work experience
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in working within pharmaceutical/medical industry
- Experience in working within Corporate Communications/Affairs organization/team.
- Organisational skills and the ability to multitask in order to perform a variety of day-to-day activities.
- A knowledge of standard software packages and the ability to learn company-specific software if required.
- Web-based application experience designed to accommodate materials requiring multiple-stakeholder approval.
- Ability to work independently, jump into a fast-moving environment and absorb information quickly.
- Comfort in a fast-moving environment with frequent changes in scope or direction of projects.
- Successful working within cross-functional teams.
- Experience in budget and invoice overview and tracking.
- Review of reports and contract experience.
- Excellent powerpoint skills.