Join us today and make a difference in people's lives!
BCGDV has partnered with a large medical device manufacturer to build an app that is transforming the lives of patients living with neurological diseases, empowering them to better understand their condition, have better conversations with their doctor and ultimately live a better life. As part of this venture, we're looking for someone to lead the development of our core API and data platform.
You will be:
- Joining a product focused engineering team working directly with a cross functional team of designers, product managers and venture builders.
- Building our flask powered backend service - responsible for design and delivery of key features.
- Maintaining high standards of code quality, appropriate tests and CI/CD infrastructure.
- Working in an environment where ambiguity is the norm.
- Have extensive production experience using Flask (and core supporting libraries such as SQLAlchemy and marshmallow) to design, build, deploy clean and structured RESTful APIs.
- You know the ins, outs, strengths and limitations of Python 3.6+.
- Have strong data modelling skills and experience with relational (specifically PostgreSQL) and non-relational (flat files, DynamoDB, etc) datastores.
- Have experience building out core AWS infrastructure such as Fargate, RDS and Load Balancers and Lambda using terraform.
- Thrive in fast paced demanding startup environments.
Nice to haves:
- Have built data platforms on top of core data science libraries such as numpy and pandas.
- Understand what it takes for infrastructure and APIs to be HIPAA compliant.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
LivaNova values equality and celebrates diversity. We are committed to ensuring that our recruitment process is fair, transparent and free from unlawful discrimination.
Our selection process is driven by the key demands/requirements for the role rather than bias or discrimination on the basis of a candidate’s sex, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job-related disability/handicap or medical condition, family status, sexual orientation, religion, color, ethnicity, race or any other legally protected classification.
Background Checks at LivaNova:
Upon successful completion of the hiring process an offer may be extended. Please note, LivaNova reserves the right to conduct background investigations and/or reference checks on all its potential employees, where permitted by local legislation. This offer therefore, is contingent upon a clearance of such a background investigation and/or reference check, and can be rescinded, where permitted by local legislation, based upon data received in the background check and/or refusal to cooperate with or any attempt to affect the results of this check. This process is not currently valid in Germany.
Notice to third party agencies:
Please note that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, we will not consider, or agree to, payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event that a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.