Senior Backend Engineer @ Drest - London
2 months ago
Senior Backend Engineer
Drest - London
As Senior Backend Engineer, reporting to our Technical Delivery Manager, you will build and maintain technology to support the studio and teams across Drest. You will work in close collaboration with our game teams and enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative workplace where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your programming expertise.
You are passionate about new technologies, system development, large scale systems and of course games! Naturally proactive, you will actively contribute with ideas and solutions and thrive working in an ever evolving environment as Drest grows, both as a product and company.
- Design and implement new systems, services and features.
- Write magnificent code and review your peers’ in a collaborative environment using proven design patterns and experiential wisdom.
- Make quick, sound estimates and propose alternatives to save on implementation time.
- Identify and drive codebase improvements with your peers.
- Plan against and tackle new challenges that arise during development.
- Optimise our stack for performance and scalability.
- Work closely with your Technical Delivery Manager to deliver features for the teams across Drest.
- Participate in knowledge sharing sessions to improve team’s knowledge and experience through learning and sharing.
- Collaborate and communicate with other teams to define and build features to meet expectations.
- Contribute to a positive development culture and create a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Adapt and grow with Drest, a dynamic environment and regularly learn and share.
- Development experience supporting a live game in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in architecting, designing and implementing server side components, features and systems for a scalable live game.
- Expertise in at least one server side language (e.g. Node/Typescript, Python, C#, Java, PHP) with a desire to develop in Typescript.
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL), NoSQL databases (e.g. DynamoDB, Couchbase) and caching technologies (e.g. Redis).
- Experience in designing, implementing and working with APIs and microservices.
- Excellent understanding of software engineering fundamentals (design patterns, architecture at scale, maintainability over time, data structures, robust API design, etc.).
- Broad knowledge of game architecture and technologies (gameplay, economy, graphics, etc.).
- Strong understanding of CI/CD processes and proficient in the use of source control solutions such as GIT.
- Good grasp of Agile principles and methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
- A passion for games, including mobile.
Nice to haves..
- C# and Unity Knowledge.
- Client development experience.
- Good understanding of the challenges involved in maintaining, iterating and scaling a product.
- Experience supporting implementation of 3rd parties SDKs (e.g. Facebook, Firebase, etc.).
- Experience with asynchronous, multi-threaded, parallel programming paradigms and other techniques to maximize responsiveness and do operations in background.
- Experience with industry-standard bug reporting software such as JIRA.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
What you will get in return
- Collaborative team
- Competitive salary
- 25 Days holiday
- EMI Share Scheme
- Private Medical
- Life Assurance
- Remote friendly, flexible working hours
- Birthday day off
- and more!
Develops detailed understanding how all product attributes work in the backend systems for both pricing and product availability.
Integrate the recommendation engine with our backend infrastructure to support real-time inference under strong latency constraints and high level guarantees.
Merchants can use the software to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, and…
You are comfortable working with senior stakeholders (Director level and up), both technical and non technical. Experience designing and developing APIs.
You should be able to own the whole software engineering lifecycle: from design, through development, to deployment. Several years of relevant experience.
£400 - £600 per day + Inside IR35. I am looking for a Senior Frontend Developer who would like to help develop GeoSharding technology within one of the original…
An additional allowance up to £8,300 is available for candidates with exceptional skills & experience. Flexible working, Full-time, Compressed Hours.
We are looking for a senior backend developer (Node.js), and the role comes with an attractive salary and benefits package.
*Build integrations for cheqd’s token/network with web backend services*. We’re looking for a Senior Blockchain Engineer with 3-5+ years of full-stack…
As a *Senior Backend Engineer at Wluper*, you will be involved in various stages of each product's lifespan and should remain abreast of technological…
Automate testing in backend including API and databases in SQL and No SQL environments. Work with a team of QAs, Backend and Frontend Developers, in their push…
Global Savings Group
An open-minded team that embraces new ideas, perspectives and methodologies. Having flexible working hours with the possibility of remote working.
Tokyo Digital Ltd
Minimum of 3 years agency experience (mid/senior level). Tokyo Digital have created the opportunity for a Full Stack Developer who will be at a mid to senior…
Work with a wide range of systems and teams to deliver a solid foundation for our global payment method integrations.
The frontend is evolving into React + Typescript from an old jQuery UI which is currently disappearing. All of this is deployed in Docker containers running in…
Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) are responsible for keeping all customer-facing services and other Globality production systems running smoothly as a unit…
Hands-on experience of a broad range of frameworks and technologies both frontend and backend including Node.js, React (Next.js), Ruby, Python, PHP.
Technical competence – basic understating of the difference between backend and Frontend development. 20 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays which increases with…
Write backend and frontend code using C#, SQL etc. Net developer with expertise to customise, develop and support several EMEA projects.
We're empowering product managers and engineers to build incredible products using data-driven insight. And we're not standing still.
Collaborate with Product team, development team and backend teams to plan, test and release high-quality features in the apps.
Working in a strongly typed language (we use Go to write backend code). We focus on a collection of organisational technology capabilities, including business…
Prior experience working with very senior technical and non-technical stakeholders on business critical systems. Integration – APIs, micro-services, queues.