At Flexciton, we are leading the 4th industrial revolution by bringing A.I. to manufacturing. We build on pioneering research to completely revolutionise the way the manufacturing industry operates. Whilst only a young startup, we work with some of the largest and most advanced manufacturers in the world!
We are here to transform the way the largest companies in the world make their products, by building a platform that is solving an extremely difficult problem - one that would be impossible for a human to solve. We were recently voted one of the world’s most disruptive companies on the 2018 Disrupt 100 List.
Our vision is to bring Flexciton optimization technology to every factory in the world to enable manufacturing to operate at a level never before possible.
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Developer who will be an exceptional addition to our small tight-knit team. As our Senior Backend Developer, you will contribute significantly to the software of our core Flexciton product.
About the role
We’re building Flexciton using Python 3, Flask, Angular 5, Docker, SQLAlchemy and PostgreSQL. You’ll work in a technical multi-disciplinary team which values collaboration and continuous learning in a company which works with large and technologically advanced factories in the most exciting industries. Some of your responsibilities will involve:
- Contribute to our company success by growing our existing A.I. platform and REST API using Python, Flask, SQLAlchemy, Docker, RabbitMQ and Microsoft Azure.
- Contribute to the development of novel frameworks and architectures for supporting data science and optimisation engineers to write scientific code in a Python engineered platform.
- Heavily influence the structure and design of the Python code and its surrounding infrastructure.
- Collaborate with our existing engineering and research team to grow a scalable product which can serve hundreds or thousands of manufacturing plants.
- Work directly with the Developers to design and architect the existing code base considering our engineering roadmap.
This role would suit an experienced individual who has previously demonstrated experience in designing and developing large systems with a passion for having a direct impact on the business through providing coaching /mentorship to senior developers, supporting the team in making the right architectural decisions and increasing the delivery capacity of the team.
- 5+ years experience in using Python, Flask and Django in a commercial environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Software Development principles, design patterns and the application of them
- Good knowledge of Software Architectural design principles, factors that affect software architectural design and the ability to apply these to come up with designs that are appropriate for the current context while taking into account the longer-term needs of the business
- Deep knowledge of Python
- Strong proficiency in producing clean and testable code.
- Knowledge of Angular JS (preferable)
- A team player who is capable of working both independently and collaboratively.
We aim to create an awesome environment for our people to thrive. We want to offer great career potential and of course other little benefits in return for your hard work!
- Salary on offer up to £90,000
- Stock Options, so when we make it big you do!
- 25 days’ holidays + bank holidays
- Monthly Team Lunch and Dinner
- Annual Team Trip
- L&D opportunities
At Flexciton, we value diversity and foster an inclusive environment. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and we want to ensure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation during the process, please do not hesitate to let us know.