Senior Business Controller – Buying
Are you looking for a company that is willing to invest in you and support your development throughout your career? Are you a leader who sets goals and turns business analysis into actions? Do you want to use your drive and ambition to set our business in motion?
If you thrive just as much in achieving business profitability as you do in inspiring and motivating those around you, then this could be the role for you.
We are now looking for a Senior Business Controller to join our Buying Controlling Team. This role will report into the Head of Buying Controlling and is offered on a full time, permanent contract.
Our buying office is responsible for creating and buying the best collections for store and ecommerce worldwide. It is a highly creative environment and you will have the chance to influence COS globally. If you are successful within this role, we will support you along the way and make an effort to accelerate your career development with us over time.
As a Senior Business Controller at COS you will steer on business-minded decisions and implement actions based on your analysis; deciding how to generate sales growth and increase profitability. You’ll be a strong informal leader who sets goals, initiates actions, motivates your team and follows up on targets. You will also work with developing and improving our business processes together with stakeholders across the business.
What you will do:
- Generate sustainable sales growth and profitability for your department through commercial analysis, action and leadership
- In this role you will drive the change agenda inside and outside your department and contribute towards the overall brand goals and vision
- In collaboration with the buying manager you will be responsible for setting the buying controlling vision, goals, strategy and timeline
- You will seek opportunities and identify risks by performing in-depth sales analysis
- Communicate and advise your team with concise financial insights for buying follow up
- You will secure and develop solid buying methods and decision-making models around planning, buying and selling
- Develop processes for business development across the whole buying office
- You will challenge, develop and actively support junior controllers, buyers and buying assistants in methods, salesmanship and analytical tools
- Develop and maintain robust, reliable and value-added reporting processes to ensure effective internal controls
The ideal candidate has experience implementing new and more efficient ways of working while inspiring colleagues in the organisation to make sustainable customer focused decisions. You are results motivated and able to confidently implement strategies guided by numerical analysis. You will communicate in an inspiring way while taking interest in the views of others.
- Significant experience working in an analytical, controlling or another similar role
- Highly analytical and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office with outstanding Excel skills.
- Strong communicator with outstanding presentation skills
- A genuine interest in the fashion industry and in working in a dynamic, creative environment
- Result focused with a strong business sense
- Experience from project management or business development would be beneficial
- Strong influencing skills and connection with COS core values
- A background within business, finance or economics would be beneficial
When you first join COS we will give you a full training plan and access to our E-Learning tool.
In addition to this you will also receive some fantastic benefits including;
- 25% staff discount on all H&M Group brands.
- A generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Program
- A range of long service benefits
Over the last 10 years we have carefully built a culture where our people are supported, inspired and encouraged to be the best they can. Our brand is creative, forward thinking and modern; choosing longevity over passing trends.
We set the bar high at COS; we are committed to recruiting great people, offering an environment where talent is recognised and valued. We believe that a diverse workforce plays an important role in the success of COS. We celebrate individual differences and appreciate the contribution that all our colleagues make.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!