Title:Senior Claims Adjuster - PI/FI
Company:Everest International Insurance
The Senior Claims Adjuster will be accountable for applying a pro-active adjusting strategy across their portfolio which includes the following:-
- To provide support to the FI/PI Claims Manager
- Be accountable for ensuring a high standard of claims adjusting across the portfolio
- Providing direction and handling in a lead and follow capacity
- Work with the underwriters and actuarial to provide insights on claims trends or significant matters
- You will have responsibility for large losses and the establishment of reserves and strategies deployed
- Work to support our claims strategy with brokers and clients and deliver against our key performance indicators
- A tenacious work ethic with a focus on achieving pro-active case management, continuous development and customer satisfaction.
- Accountable for delivering closure on cases in their portfolio within established case reserves
- Ability to identify potential exposures and able to implement a clear and dynamic settlement strategy
- Attending external market meetings and client meetings and represent the company’s interests
- Responsible for monitoring and management of investigation, adjustment and litigation expenses are within scope and budget
- Assist in the management and oversight of third party administrators and Coverholders with claims authority
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to deliver or present to all audiences
Skills & Competencies:
- Technical expertise – strong experience in the FI/PI classes both in domestic and international markets
- Collaborative approach – a proven team player with the capacity to work with peers in the market and persuade, influence and drive decisions.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all Lloyd’s/London/Irish market requirements
- Performance characteristics – a high achiever with a passion for delivering quality reports and results often against tight deadlines
- Ideally ACII qualified or equivalent
- Degree standard or equivalent or with relevant industry experience
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook
- ECF2 and Trax experience
Time Type:Full time
- Collaboration: Open and transparent communication with customers and colleagues
- Thoughtful Assumption of Risk: Supporting the Everest goal of carefully writing profitable business by ensuring data quality, prompt and accurate feedback to Underwriters, and operational control throughout the enterprise.
- Execution: Delivering outstanding support to the organization through strong day-to-day business operations, effective project management, and careful oversight of vendors.
- Humility: Caring and respectful approach to service colleagues, customers, and the community.
- Leadership: By example, every day.
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As part of this commitment, Everest will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Everest Talent Acquisition at 1-908-604-3000.