Consultant, Global Workforce Transformation, Global Employer Services, Tax & Legal, London
Organisations today are faced with an increasingly complex global talent landscape. The workforce is more agile, diversified and on demand, leading organisations to re-evaluate their talent models and how they deploy teams globally.
We are offering a unique opportunity to join our Global Workforce Transformation team and work with Deloitte leaders to develop insights, build experience and truly add value to our client base. This successful team provides ample room for career development and progression.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
As a Global Workforce Senior Consultant, you will take a lead in the delivery of major projects and Labs (high impact workshops), often coordinating and working alongside multi-disciplinary teams to support our clients with both defining and delivering on their Global Workforce objectives.
Past transformation projects have included:
- Working with clients to create a new global mobility strategy and brand.
- Designing new global mobility operating models including vendor management, people, technology, processes etc.
- Identifying automation opportunities in client processes and working with developers to create detailed design requirements.
- Researching LGBTQ+ experiences for internationally mobile employees and identifying additional areas of potential support
- End to end management of global mobility policies; creation through to implementation.
- Performing current state assessments, creating benchmarking standards, and assessing global mobility programmes against Future of Work trends.
- Creating remote working strategies and setting up practices and supporting programmes.
- Using design research methodologies to explore employee and business global mobility experiences and, along with competitor benchmarking, designing impactful user enhancements.
In this role, you will also be heavily involved in business development, producing eminence materials, speaking in client seminars, and leading on client proposals.
- Leading the delivery of small projects and supporting on larger projects. This will involve working closely with clients to develop their strategy, improve their organisation design, policies, processes, data analytics and/or technology.
- Demonstrating broad strategic and practical knowledge of HR or Global Mobility Transformation projects.
- Undertaking a leadership role in the management of client relationships and the wider Global Workforce Transformation group.
- Developing strong working relationships with clients through commitment to every project task and becoming their trusted partner.
- Providing thought leadership and guidance to clients and engagement teams on HR/Global Mobility and organisation related issues/decisions.
- Leading presentations and delivering high quality proposals to clients.
- Providing support in answering client proposals; investigating client problem statements and supporting in the design of a project methodology.
- Leading some internal team processes e.g. supporting on our growth strategy, marketing, and/or People & Purpose initiatives.
- Leading the growth of the UK business by identifying and developing sales opportunities.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London office, however, we will consider requests to be based out of one of our local offices with occasional travel to London when required.
Work pattern: This is a permanent full time opportunity.
Your professional experience
As an individual joining Deloitte, we would expect that you possess demonstrable knowledge and proven ability to deliver in the below areas:
- Previous experience in:
- Human capital (Organisation Design, Talent Management, Change Management) or Global Mobility consulting; and/or
- Working within Global Mobility and/or HR service delivery; and/or
- Previous Big 4 or other management consulting firm experience.
- Subject Matter Expert in any of the following:
- Future of Work
- Mobility Compliance e.g. tax, social security, immigration
- Employee Experience
- Change implementation
- Data analytics
- Ability to use Design Thinking methodologies to get to the heart of a client’s Global Mobility problem.
- Strong relationship management skills with senior stakeholders.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- A proven track record in analysing client issues and ability to apply experience and rationale to manage client decision-making.
- Ability to champion initiatives internally and externally.
- Experience with project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of applying innovative solutions, eg. Digital enablers or Analytics.
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams, and fast-paced project environments.
- Ability to work independently and adhere to strict deadlines when necessary.
- Experience in leading team members, with strong stewardship skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity.
- Ability to look at the bigger picture as well as have a keen eye for detail.
- Curiosity to learn about new businesses.
- Fluency in PowerPoint and Excel.
Your service line: Tax Consulting
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it’s all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You’ll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you’ll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.