Senior Consultant - Change - People Advisory Services (UK&I) - Open to Flexible Working
Organisations are having to become much more adaptable to change as they face new workforce challenges as a result of globalisation, changing demographics, emerging technology, innovation and regulatory demands.
We believe the People Agenda is at the heart of successful change. EY People Advisory Services (PAS) help organisations to put humans at the centre of their transformation agenda enabling them to align culture and leadership to their purpose, develop necessary skillsets and mindsets, and build adaptability through continuous change and learning.
We are a global network with more than 11,000 employees in more than 130 countries, offering deep industry knowledge and experience to more than 2,000 corporate clients worldwide. Within the UK, we have over 330 consultants advising clients across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors on their most challenging workforce problems.
We are growing fast and looking for those, who share our values, believe in the importance of the people agenda and have experience in organisation and workforce transformation and transactions, change experience and learning, culture and leadership, digital HR, rewards and people mobility, to join us in PAS.
We are seeking senior consultants with experience in delivering business change and transformation.
There has never been a more exciting time to join our UKI People Consulting team. We are growing our capability across the UK and Ireland and you will join an expanding, diverse group of skilled practitioners to help our clients keep track of and navigate a broad spectrum of disruptive trends including social and societal influences, agile workforce models, digital enablers and the opportunities brought by data analytics and workforce planning. You will be part of a client facing team that has cross-sector experience, working with global household-named clients on the most complex transformation programmes to deliver better business, environmental and people outcomes for long-lasting results. COVID-19 has accelerated the people agenda and now more than ever, clients want to understand how change affects their people. As part of the team you will be skilled at helping clients take a ‘human centred’ approach to achieve successful transformation. Using the latest innovations, you will partner with clients on their biggest challenges to find people-centric solutions that work for their organisation - from implementing culture, technology and people change, to communication strategies and leadership development.
Your key responsibilities
As a People Consultant you will be responsible for project delivery across the Change spectrum, including:
- Collaborating with the leadership team to define project scope and execute delivery with clients, the People Consulting team and wider stakeholders
- Analysing complex problems to scope, discuss and carry out required tasks, largely independently
- Building relationships, especially with peers from client organisations and across the EY network
- Contributing innovative ideas to expand our People Consulting service offerings to clients and positively impact client engagements
- Keeping up to date on relevant market trends, key functional and technical skills and proactively sharing this knowledge with others
- Being an active member of the EY Change Community, assisting with the integration and inclusion of team members and operating as a part of a high performing team
- Reinforcing our values through day-to-day behaviours and challenging where these are not demonstrated in others
Skills and attributes for success:
We are looking for people who are:
- Passionate about working with clients to find people-centred solutions
- Resilient and able to work under pressure to deliver pragmatic solutions
- Comfortable working in a virtual environment – both with the team and with clients
- Versatile, willing to work across business sectors to help our clients and grow your own capability
- Curious, confident and able to think creatively, using agile methods and innovative approaches to tackle complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions
- High in emotional intelligence, able to build trusted relationships through effective communication and stakeholder management, including the ability to empathise, actively listen, identify non-verbal cues and translate client needs into actions
- Are inclusive, encouraging collaboration amongst team members, especially more junior members
- Are passionate about our purpose – ‘to build a better working world’
To qualify for the role you will need to demonstrate:
- At least 2-5 years of professional experience either on a business side or in a consultancy role delivering complex transformations and end-to-end business change
- Can assist with the management of the client change journey by developing and delivering digital and/or organisational strategies supported by integrated change experience roadmaps and business cases
- Can turn complex quantitative and qualitative data analysis into a compelling narrative to support project delivery
- Anticipate and manage potential issues during client assignments
- Demonstrate professionalism and the ability to rapidly establish personal credibility and make a strong personal impact
- Demonstrable the ability to proactively build relationships and manage client stakeholders
- Understand the impact of change management to enable/enhance workforce performance, engagement and wellbeing
- Some knowledge of/experience in any of the following technologies and their organisational implications:
- ERP systems (e.g., SAP Solutions Suite (SAP S/4Hana preferred), Microsoft Dynamics)
- Emerging technologies (e.g., AI, Big Data, RPA, IoT, Blockchain) and enabling software (e.g., Blue Prism)
- Other ‘people’ experience enhancement technologies and providers
Ideally, you’ll also have experience in any of the following:
- Experience of design thinking and human-centred design methods
- Some experience of delivering finance and tax transformation programmes
- Awareness of the latest industry and technology trends
- Project Management skills
What we look for
- We would like to meet professionals who want to work on large-scale Change programmes and get involved in building our people-focused transformation service offering.
- We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate real impact for our clients within various areas of People Consulting
- We want to hear from people who have hands-on experience, that want to keep close to the advancements in the business world and deliver solutions that have optimum impact on their clients.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- An inclusive leadership culture that encourages everyone to bring their best selves to work
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.