At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what’s most important. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you’ll see it’s about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we’re focused on making an impact where it matters most – and improving quality of life.
It’s a big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world – and the world around them.
It’s a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It’s how we’ll find solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges. And how we’ll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor/ Senior Cost Consultant to lead the commercial management function across projects and programmes of work with various local authority government clients responding to the significant social housing needs in the capital. Develop cost models, benchmarking and investment appraisals.
- You shall be responsible for delivering a scope of work in line with various controls and will have significant technical knowledge and experience in particular residential development with a good understanding of housing led development in London Boroughs of across the south east.
- Assist in the coaching and development of other team members in order to share knowledge, increase team skill level and improve the standard of service delivery.
- Work within established financial systems and budgets to produce reports and forecasts and track budgets, overseeing costing and variances in order to manage and control cost variables.
- Provide advice to colleagues on risk management, compliance and associated behaviours, to ensure adherence to Arcadis’ risk and compliance processes · Present any project risks or issues to senior managers to ensure the project is not adversely impacted.
- Analyse and review a range of data and documents to collate key themes and trends, using this analysis in conjunction with own knowledge to provide advice and make recommendations to support cost and commercial management decision-making.
- Use own knowledge and experience combined with research of industry best practice to analyse existing processes and policies.
- Share knowledge and provide insightful recommendations to assist service improvement and innovation Has regular engagement with senior client team members and key stakeholders
- Accountable for and reports progress on all aspects of the projects within the framework including Arcadis commercial performance
- An expert within cost management with experience of successfully delivering on complex programmes / projects
- Experience in delivering MMC and Sustainability solutions as part of capital projects and interest in developing these with clients.
- Experience of bringing forward complex housing projects where viability and development efficiency are key issues to advise on from a cost management perspective.
- Commercial acumen and the ability to take part in negotiations with external stakeholders and suppliers
- Experience of managing business relationships
- Desired – experience of advising on housing regeneration projects across Greater London and for local authorities.
At Arcadis, you’ll have the opportunity to build the career that’s right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a ‘people ﬁrst’ business, it’s why we’ll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions.
Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other beneﬁts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ﬂexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Relevant professional qualification or chartered status