Senior Data Scientist
Freemavens is a digital market research company delivering revelations, not observations for the world’s most ambitious brands. We aid our clients’ growth by unearthing actionable insights and developing revenue growing ideas. All our clients strive to deeply understand consumers to help them make things those consumers really want – as evidenced by their willingness to buy, advocate and buy again. We are solution-agnostic. Our insights are as likely to apply to product innovation as they are to distribution, pricing or promotion. We think critically, creatively and commercially to surface human truths from 3rd & 1st party data. We work with some of the best global blue-chip clients like Unilever, GSK, Pernod Ricard, The Coca Cola Company, L’Oréal Paris, Barclays & BP. We are a critical part of MSQ Partners. A multi service marketing group, including companies such as MMT Digital, Walk in media and TwentySix.
About the role
The Senior Data Scientist role at Freemavens involves overseeing and managing work streams involving large and varied sources of data; experimentation; R&D; and using statistical methods to generate powerful insights for decision-making and aid business intelligence.
At Freemavens we have ambition to integrate Data Science at into all work we do for clients and see it as an important pillar for the continued success of Freemavens and the wider MSQ group. We focus on delivering expert revelations from qualitative and quantitative sources to inform and guide our clients and generate actionable, measurable, insight.
Freemavens, as well as the wider MSQ group, work with a broad range of FMCG, pharmaceutical, charity, retail, government, e-commerce, and automotive clients.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will primarily:
- Act as the architect to enable build out of data science capability within Freemavens and integrating this with data science expansion and provisioning across the wider MSQ group
- Manage the research and development process to improve R&D planning and provisioning
- Work with our strategists, innovation, and wider team to develop new capabilities and usage for data science, ML/AI capabilities, as well as unlocking new data sources for the business to derive intelligence
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of compiling, processing, and analysing large data sets (both quantitative and qualitative)
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of analytical tools, data sources and methods – specifically around marketing and consumer data
- Provide training, mentorship, and peer to peer support for data scientists and wider analyst team. Be the SME for experimental and statistical methodologies
- Provide thought leadership content (articles, whitepapers, case studies) on statistical application, implications, and results
- Provide insightful reports of campaigns and projects for our clients using reliable statistics and analytical tools
- Demonstrate ability to articulate statistical findings compellingly, in a way that is easy to understand
- Developing & maintaining activity plans with existing clients
- Demonstrate multi-tasking ability, keep multiple projects on-track, structuring and executing work
- With the team, you will:
- Mentor by providing knowledge and support
- Manage junior team members
- Be a team player across all areas of the agency
- Be efficient and profitable in the delivery of the work
- Ensure resourcing is accurate
Regarding quality, you will:
- Ensure high quality work across team and uphold expectation of Freemavens rigour in work
- Work with clients and other team members to ensure all billable work is supported by a brief and that steps to execution are fully mapped
- Ensure all output is fully supported by a rationale
- Be responsible for delivering work on time
With clients, you will:
- Present clearly and persuasively to internal and external clients
- Understand the client brief as well as the role data science can play in executing desired outcome
- Be passionate and motivated to work on any agency clients
The role would suit a candidate with a background in the sciences, strong statistical knowledge, and online marketing experience.
Ideally, you will be…
- Have advance experience of working in a data science capacity; a degree (or equivalent experience), and a strong background in statistics
- Have a strong NLP background (this would be welcome but is not necessary)
- Have advance knowledge of R, SQL, Python, Excel; a strong background in stats/math; previous experience of Azure stack and agency experience would be a benefit
You will also be…
- Research driven
- Creative and detail oriented
- Analytical and empathetic
- Proactive, and goal focused
- A team player and organised
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Have a keen ability to adapt and learn fast
As we're currently working remotely, some of the below benefits may be working in a slightly different way!
Generous holiday allowance
You get 28 days of holidays to recharge, on top of bank holidays! This allowance will grow the longer you work with us.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption
You receive an enhanced and generous maternity/paternity/adoption leave after you've been in the company for a year.
- Fruits and breakfast
We offer all our employees free fruit and a selection of breakfast food (on top of the regular teas and coffees that is).
- Friday drinks
Once the week is done, you can enjoy themed Friday treats with some nibbles and drinks on the company. Each week different people take turn coming up with the theme and ordering everything. Every quarter we get everyone to vote for their favourite night and the winners get a prize!
- On-going training
Weekly interactive workshops/talks/sessions in the office on different topics in the business. This can range from strategy workshops to data viz to introduction to new tools. Anything that can help us on our day to day.
- Lunch and Learn
Bi-weekly learning lunches where people get to share their knowledge and learn from others. This does not have to be related to work. In the past, we’ve had lunch and learn on Ayurveda or Gaming.
- Office in the heart of Covent Garden
You can find plenty of amazing bars and restaurants minutes away from the office.