Senior Design Researcher
Our travel sales ahead of 2021 are booming despite COVID-19, which is down to our curated travel offering – we put together blockbuster artists, the most exciting destinations and the best hotels to create incredible experiences for young people who are keen to get travelling again!
As the world looks forward to emerging from lockdown, we're keen to get a deeper understanding of our customers needs and how they are changing.
Our Product Designers currently do their own usability testing, but we want to mature our approach to research and be more coordinated, with a structured process, and centralised insights analysis, from a broader range of sources beyond just usability testing.
Can you take us there and own it?
In the first 6 months you will:
- Establish an efficient design research process within the product design team, building on the team's existing research work.
- Organise, recruit for, coordinate, and run user research across all parts of our product and internal tools design teams.
- Set up and maintain a user research insights repository which stakeholders across the business can reference.
- Work with our BI & insights teams to establish a shared collective understanding of our users and their needs.
- Use our analytics and feedback tools to build a bigger picture of our customers, their behaviours and pain-points.
- Summarise outputs from all of the above in a way that is useful for delivery teams and stakeholders. Become the go-to expert on our customers, their wants and needs, and how those needs intersect with our business needs.
- Be an advocate for customer research within tech and in the wider business.
About our culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture.
- Read our CEO's open letter about our focus on Belonging, and about the mission of our women's programme Illuminate.
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Pollen is on a mission to have all the best experiences in one place. With Pollen+ you can pick from a highly curated selection of world class festivals and events such as Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits and Wireless festival. With Pollen Presents you can discover experiences only available through us, where we bring every major category of entertainment including music, sport and lifestyle to the most exciting destinations in the world such as Las Vegas, Ibiza and Los Cabos.
We are growing fast and have made over $400 million in experiences sold at more than fifty of the best destinations globally. We have offices throughout North America and Europe, and have raised more than $100 million in venture funding from Northzone, Draper, Kindred, Backed and Sienna Capital.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Streetteam Software Limited t/a Pollen ("Controller"), which is located at 3 Loughborough Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5RB and can be contacted by emailing [email protected] Controller's privacy officer is Stephanie Ng-Fragner, who can be contacted at [email protected] Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller's recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller's behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at [email protected]
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority, including the Information Commissioner's Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).