Senior Designer (Principal Consultant)
Become part of the team
Our team of designers have deep practitioner specialist skills across any or all parts of the design spectrum - from design strategy and IA, UX, interface design, through to prototyping and movement. We however display a generalist attitude; an understanding of the whole design process, and can easily navigate, communicate and practice the full spectrum.
We have practical delivery skills to make actual things rather than just pictures of things. And these skills constantly evolve – so we self-teach a lot.
We are passionate about the intersection between Design, UX and Front End and the possibilities for innovation at those boundaries. We work in mixed discipline highly collaborative teams, committed to building better experiences and truly believe that user experience is the responsibility of the whole project team.
As a team, we transform our client’s businesses using a combination of strategic thinking, customer-centric service design, and agile engineering practices. We do this at internet scale – driving innovation, and enriching people’s lives. Our skills and talent enable PA’s purpose of creating positive a human future in a technology driven world.
As part of our Digital team, you’ll work alongside colleagues from across PA – delivering transformative digital solutions to today’s most complex business challenges. Our teams are trusted to deliver and given the space to be awesome. We’re an inclusive community for the curious, generous, pragmatic and committed digital practitioner.
About Financial Services at PA
PA’s Financial Services practice is a leading advisory and delivery partner for market participants from all sub-sectors in the FS industry and currently generates revenue of approximately £60M for PA. With over 400 people globally, the team has strong presence in London, Edinburgh and across the Nordics. PA is a trusted consulting partner for FS regulators and market infrastructure providers throughout Europe. This has provided a platform for PA to develop an established Risk, Regulation and Compliance proposition.
The proposition includes expertise in Financial Crime and Corporate Governance. It is also renowned for its technology capability, which includes market-leading Agile, Digital Transformation, Cloud Platform and Data offerings. The FS practice has rapid growth ambitions and is focusing on expanding its presence in key banking, insurance and asset management clients, helping PA’s clients differentiate themselves in an increasingly digitised and data-driven industry.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Senior hybrid UX and UI designer to join our established team. Immediately we have requirements on a corporate transactional environment for a global bank; however, you should expect to work across a variety of clients and sectors. In this role you will be working within the internal Design team, and across our client teams, to design and deliver transactional applications across desktop and mobile platforms. You will be working closely with the business stakeholders and an offshore team to align design standards across different territories. You will be working on site with our client for some of your time.
You will need understand the requirements gathered by Business Analysts, develop and present ideas and prototypes daily. You will also liaise with business representatives and technical build partners at various points of the project. You'll work through iterations of the projects, creating interactive prototypes and presenting these over conference calls and face to face to a large stakeholder base.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams, ensuring the user experience delivers on the strategic vision and is achievable within the technical constraints of the project
- Working closely with our clients’ BA to help shape solutions and to rapidly visualise a proposition, through sketching and prototyping while speaking their language
- Production of detailed user experience deliverables from sketches, wireframes, prototypes, user flows and interface designs
- Navigating comfortably between a mix of being "hands-on-in-the-detail” of project and contributing to the wider program of work
- Presenting your ideas to a varied audience from marketing execs to technical architects and developers
- Briefing developers, ensuring they understand what is required from a design perspective
- The role is heavily client-facing.
- Understanding client requirements and expectations and translating these into best-in-class design solutions; and articulate robust rational to back up these decisions
- Experience working in and managing complex multi-stakeholder environments
- Be comfortable rapidly sketching, scamping concepts and prototypes as well as producing formal UX and visual design deliverables
- Be able to interpret and follow design guidelines and principles
- Solid Axure, Sketch, Invision and Flinto (optional) skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Willing to learn new tools as needed
- You are delightfully non-ego driven and passionate about what you do
- You’re constantly learning and challenging your own thinking
- You inspire others around you to be better and enjoy mentoring / knowledge sharing
- You have a strong work ethic, are well organised, and can manage complexity across multiple projects
- You have an eye for detail and are an exceptional communicator
- You are collaborative, friendly, ‘hunchy’ with bags of initiative
- Private medical insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results.
We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.