Senior Developer - LAMP Stack (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP)
Looking for an opportunity where you can make a real difference? We’re looking for a Senior Developer to help us take our platform to the next level.
About The Happiness Index
At The Happiness Index, we believe everybody has the right to be happy at work. People have a right to be human, not a number. To be listened to, not ignored. To be true to their values, and not to compromise.
We help companies provide these fundamental rights by providing them with technology that listens to their people. Our track record demonstrates it boosts company productivity, culture and financial performance. Our 20 people based in London inspire our customers who receive responses from 73 countries and 19 different languages to deliver on the right for people to be happy at work. We only employ people with the potential to positively transform our business and those around them as we have grand ambitions to revolutionise the way businesses interact with people.
We’re looking for somebody who is a natural problem solver, passionate about the work they do. Ideally, someone who knows PHP inside out and is familiar with both backend and frontend work. We’ve got some great aspirations for our platform so your role will be working with us to define and develop the future.
You’ll be responsible for helping to build a development team, reporting into our Head of Robots and looking after other developers, freelancers and working closely with our Growth and Brand Teams. You’ll be working with the team to help build and support all things tech, diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve problems if they arise. We’re keen to get the right person so are happy to discuss whether this means being a code wrangler, or someone who is involved with inspiring clients in pitches.
We see lots of CVs and so we’d love to know what excites you so please make sure you include a covering letter sharing what amazing projects you’ve been working on, or what you’d love to work on!
- A PHP Ninja
- Solid knowledge of SQL
- Experience of integrating with other tools through the use of APIs
- A good understanding of GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Good knowledge of GSuite
- Experience of using Git / Bitbucket or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to deal with time-critical issues or pressurised situations.
- Mobile App Development using Flutter
- Familiar with Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
- Use of React, AngularJS or other front end framework
- Understanding of Kubernetes or GKE
- Understanding of BI Tools such as Tableau / Quikview / Data Studio
- Familiar with frameworks such as Dialogflow
- Basic understanding of AI / ML
What you’ll get
- 25 days annual leave; ability to buy 5 more; Birthday day off
- Flexible working hours
- Access to a benefits platform
- Volunteer days
- The opportunity and commitment from us to help you develop, in a business that is going places.
- The ability to have a huge impact on our business and the way we interact with our customers.
- To be part of an award-winning business.
NB. No agencies, please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
- Bonus Scheme
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Flexible Schedule
- Sick Pay
- Work From Home
- Monday to Friday
Due to the impact of COVID-19 we are currently all working from home. In the future, we're keen to create a flexible working environment which offers a mix of being able to come together to collaborate and working from home/away from an office.
- Temporarily due to COVID-19