Senior Digital Strategist
The Senior Digital Strategist leads the development and delivery of integrated marketing programmes – with a specific focus on digital excellence. From deep customer insight, through to channel planning, content strategy, innovation and performance – they are proficient in leading teams and clients alike. The Senior Digital Strategist is a key lynchpin across the McCann Health Science, Strategy and Creative disciplines with a focus on digital, CX and engagement.
They are data-driven and creatively minded.
Everything you do will be guided by our pursuit of excellence in Science, Creativity and Strategy.
- Lead and oversee the development of strategies for various areas of digital marketing including: omnichannel marketing strategy, content strategy, social and influencer strategy.
- Research digital audience needs, attitudes and behaviours ensuring we bring the very best data together to uncover human behaviour and needs when it comes to channels, content and experience.
- Champion and identify the right digital planning tools for research, making recommendations for new tools where needed.
- Collaborate with Planners, UX and Copy on customer journey mapping and development of customer experience strategies.
- Drive channel excellence – across a range of needs including pharmaceutical sales force effectiveness, patient engagement and consumer marketing.
- Develop detailed customer engagement plans – including segmentation mapping, channel mix models and touchpoint planning.
- Focus on performance and KPIs in the context of overall business goals. Develop and report on robust measurement frameworks, and build optimisation plans.
- Collaborate with creative and digital studio teams to build breakthrough campaign work that accelerates digital performance.
- Lead or contribute to innovation projects, including hacks and partnerships.
- Develop playbooks for global brands for local market activation.
- Support clients to improve their integrated and digital marketing efforts. Build strong client relationships, identify opportunities and contribute to new business pitches.
.Lead strategically and creative-led meetings both internally and with clients to drive discussions from an omnichannel/digital strategy perspective.
- Devise and run client engaging and effective omnichannel planning client workshops.
Leadership & Direction
- Write inspirational creative briefs and collaborate with UX, Creative, Copy and Digital Design/Delivery to bring ideas to life.
- Be a specialist area partner to Business Units – take the lead and provide support on digital/omnichannel projects, and be a lynchpin to UX and Digital Design/Delivery.
- Build relationships with the wider McCann Health and Worldgroup strategy and digital communities, and collaborate with our different agencies acrosstech, analytics, experiential and media.
- Identify opportunities for and build relationships with external partners.
- Stay abreast of trends and advances in digital marketing, bringing these to bear for the benefit of clients and wider teams.
- Support on new business pitches and proposals, taking the lead on digital, CX and engagement elements.
- Support team training for omnichannel/digital planning frameworks and tools, working with senior strategy leads and HR.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
What you will need to demonstrate to be successful at the job.
- A proven track record (at least 5 years or equivalent) in digital strategy within ‘top tier’ marketing communication agencies including experience of planning for health brands.
- Use of digital planning tools including social tools (e.g. NetBase, Brandwatch), analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Tableau), and trend and data platforms (e.g. Global Web Index, Mintel, Google Insight).
- Existing knowledge and experience of a variety of digital strategy frameworks.
- Experience with paid media including social.
- Cross medium creative awareness and understanding of new technologies.
- Confident and articulate in front of senior clients and large audiences.
- Must be able to build trust and respect of the Planning team and wider agency departments.
- Educated to at least Bachelor’s degree level in a related discipline.
- Pharmaceutical digital marketing experience – either client or agency.
WHAT WE OFFER
Perks beyond being part of one of the most accoladed health networks in the world.
Advanced analytics knowledge.
- A competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunities for personal growth and development
- A vibrant, collaborative office environment
- Strong links with our McCann sister companies and the IPG network, and associated resources