Soho Strategy (SOHO) is a data-driven full-service digital strategy, intelligence, and product studio, set up in early 2008. We build software, sites, and multi-channel experiences for the world’s biggest organisations. From the UK’s treasured National Health Service, through to private-equity firms and tech companies, we apply an evidence-based and test-driven approach to systems design.
About the Role
As a senior full-stack engineer at SOHO you’ll be responsible for prototyping, building and deploying of a wide-range of websites and apps. We’re looking for skilled developers capable of building rich client experiences for a whole array of devices. You’ll be tasked with building exciting new products from scratch, and working with our growing team to deliver quality digital products.
- Full-stack experience building for the web using Node and TypeScript
- Advanced production knowledge of modern React, Redux, and GraphQL.
- Expert knowledge of CSS grid systems including Bootstrap.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser and cross-device compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Experience integrating content management systems in a headless fashion.
- Ability to work alongside backend developers to deploy new features, perform frontend validation, and deliver functional products to end-users
- Understanding of up to date best-practices with respect to front-end validation, accessibility and security compliance
- Strong communication skills
- Prior experience building complex featureful production sites atop next.js
- Data visualization experience utilizing three.js, Plotly and Mapbox GL
- Well-practiced with split-testing tools such as Optimizely, VWO, or equivalent.
- Prior experience working in a professional environment architecting as well as building APIs, and data structures.
- Experience building efficient design-development workflows.
Pay & Benefits
- Base salary: competitive and commensurate with experience ✅
- Bonus and pension: profit-share bonuses, and pension contribution scheme
- 30 days annual holiday including English Bank Holidays
- Infinite caffeine (really really) ️
Location and day-to-day
Soho Strategy is based in Central London at Aldwych House. The above pay and benefits assume the successful candidate will be London-based, or willing to relocate, and already possesses the right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
For candidates outside of London who are interested in joining SOHO, but for whom relocation is not an option, remote applications are accepted and considered with equal weight. We are a majority-remote company.
On a day-to-day basis we work in small 3-5 person teams, roughly splitting time 80/20 between developing our own projects in-house, and engaging clients in their ideas. Our meritocratic pay model rewards results and allows flexibility with time. We look forward to your application!