Senior GIS Analyst
Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert. We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here, our network is full fibre and that’s directly to our customers so whether you’re a gamer, you have lots of data hungry family members or you love to chill out and download a movie we will have a package for you.
The clue is in our name and we love working with local communities in London. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make internet accessible to all. We also love when we can welcome residents from the local community becoming team members of CFL, over 20% of our talent is from local communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and some of our key achievements since then include:
- Raised £400m investment from large institutions.
- Acquired over 360,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords.
- Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to over 100,000 premises.
So far we’re proud of our achievements and we are doing a great job disrupting the broadband industry but we are definitely not stopping here. To help us we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard workers to join us and help support our growing business.
The GIS Analyst will take responsibility for maintaining the address data GIS platform for Community Fibre. Working with other teams you will establish their requirements and provide analysis and reporting to meet the business needs.
You will be continuously developing the GIS Experience by adding features and business processes to meet both new business needs but also improve the performance of existing business processes.
You will be in charge of co-ordinating and managing activities for the GIS team internally and externally.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining and optimising our address data in our GIS platform to service multiple user groups across the business
- Analysing data and reporting based on the requirement of the different user groups
- Automating recurring reporting / analysis
- Cleansing address data for operational purposes
- Creation and maintenance of digital maps and projects
- Training users and developing tooling to support their use cases
- Supporting users across the business in using the GIS platform
- Define and improve GIS workflows across teams
- Advocate the use and value of GIS to the business
- Co-ordinating and managing activities for the GIS team internally and externally
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Experience in GIS systems, namely QGIS. A BSc/MSc degree is a bonus
- Data Analysis
- Statistical Analysis
- SQL and Python skills are a bonus
- Have a strong eye for detail
- A strong communicator both written and verbally
- Extremely organised and the ability to prioritise work and manage time effectively
- Cool under pressure
- Previous experience in a telecommunication/technology based environment
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.