Senior Java Consultant @ Intrepid Ltd - London
2 months ago
Senior Java Consultant
Intrepid Ltd - London
Join a culturally disruptive team to build software solutions in financial services.
We have an excellent opportunity to break into the financial services industry with an experienced group that will show you the best way to be successful in creating effective software solutions in this dynamic and aggressive environment. Candidates will be part of a team tackling complex investment banking problems where creative and unconventional approaches are required. This role is to build, enhance, and maintain server-side applications written in the Java object-oriented language.
As a Senior Java Consultant at Intrepid:
- creation of custom server-side components that integrate with integral bank systems
- refactoring, enhancing, and optimizing production deployed banking applications
- design complex solutions and communicate your ideas prior to implementation
- contribute to reviews of the work of other team members and collaborate as required
- perform and apply an adequate level of unit testing
- create documentation to share your knowledge as appropriate
- amend previously delivered solutions as new functional and maintenance requirements emerge
- respond to and implement fixes for software maintenance support tickets
- be a representative of our team/organisation to our clients
- due to data security restrictions, candidates will spend much of their time working onsite
- You have:
- senior-level Java development (Core Java v8-11) experience (7+ years) with half of that experience building enterprise-level systems
- worked with and are knowledgeable in using Apache Kafka (2+ years)
- good experience designing the architecture of small to medium-sized systems and components
- experience developing on projects that use a Microservices system architecture
- been a part of projects that use Kubernetes to deploy and manage system components
- built creative software solutions that use intricate, complex, or large quantities of data
- experience working with relational databases and have good SQL querying skills
- excellent in problem-solving, critical thinking, and time management.
- good communication skills – both written and verbal
- able to work on own and under pressure
- ability to prioritise effectively
- be aware of what else is happening around them
- professional working attitude
- Further consideration will be given if you have:
- experience designing the architecture of large and enterprise-level systems and components
- experience building applications using Microsoft Azure cloud technology
- worked with the Loan Management software Loan IQ
- team leadership and mentoring experience
- no previous experience of working in financial services is required but would be a major asset in our consideration
- previous experience of working in a customer-facing environment.
- experience working with NoSQL database technologies
- initiative to find answers to new questions
- You are:
- capable of producing quality components in a well-architected solution
- an enthusiastic and experienced technologist with a passion for building high-quality production systems
- technology agnostic in your approach and are open to using the proper technology for the user problem at hand
- not afraid to voice your opinion, but pragmatic enough to understand the needs of the project and team come first
- a strong team player that can work with a team of highly skilled and talented individuals
- able to work independently when called upon
We offer a highly competitive industry salary, with benefits including:
- Eligibility for a discretionary annual bonus
- Up to 25 days holiday per year plus UK bank holidays
- Automatic enrolment to the Intrepid Ltd Workplace Pension scheme (opt out possible)
- Enrolment in Intrepid’s private healthcare scheme provided through Vitality
- Additional benefits provided through Vitality depending on activity, such as free cinema tickets, free Amazon Prime membership, free coffees, discounts on various gym memberships / sports equipment retailers, cashback on Waitrose healthy food shopping etc.
- Opportunity to purchase bike/accessories and tech items through salary sacrifice schemes; Cyclescheme and Techscheme.
- Tax and NI savings.
- Payments over 12 months
- Flexible working arrangements with onsite working at a central London (Cannon Street) office
- On the job mentoring and tuition through our performance management program
- Access to training and certifications via our training program
- Regular company socials to suit all - ranging from kayaking to comedy nights to games evenings
Come and help transform the future of healthcare*. Full-time · London UK head office / remote working. Competitive Compensation (£55 to £75 plus equity), Visa…
Amazon Dev Centre (London) Ltd
This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks, and product strategy. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering…
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Reporting to the EMEA Regional Head of Credit Production Management, will be a senior position as part of a growing team. BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
To manage relationships and expectations of senior stakeholders and business sponsors. We’re the people powering Ocado.com, the UK’s fastest-growing grocer, and…
Shopify is the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform. Merchants can use the software to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple…
Transport for London
The Analysis Managers within Compliance, Policing, Operations and Security (CPOS) is responsible for ensuring that the directorate has the information needed…
AWS EMEA SARL (UK Branch)
Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices,…
Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Mandarin/Chinese language is required.
Effective verbal and written communicator, including with senior stakeholders to confirm problems to be solved and to demonstrate results effectively.
An Overview of the Role. The role falls within the “Data and Analytics” delivery centre of Capgemini’s Public Sector business. It’s all on offer at Capgemini.
As a senior leader within the business, you will work cross functionally to identify and remove barriers, while driving your teams towards key initiatives.
The Principal Data Scientist is the most senior individual contributor in the Data Science / AI discipline at bp and heads the data science / AI sub-discipline…
Strong communication and personal skills to be able to liaise with senior business and technology stakeholders across different geographic locations.
As a senior team member, you will have opportunity to mentor others and draft their learning paths. This role would suit a mid-level cloud data security…
Sentium is looking for a senior level data engineer to join an active consulting team. Remote Data Engineer for Europe-based consulting project.
An additional allowance of up to £11,300 is available for candidates with exceptional skills & experience. Flexible working, Full-time, Compressed Hours.
An additional allowance up to £8,300 is available for candidates with exceptional skills & experience. Flexible working, Full-time, Compressed Hours.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to build and lead solutions that engage millions of sports fans worldwide.
We have a flat structure that offers unrivalled engagement with senior leadership and career development opportunities alongside a fantastic benefits package,…
N Consulting Ltd
Senior Cloud Security Architect / Cyber Expert with strong experience in Vulnerability Management, Security Logging, Monitoring and Threat Detection, Secrets…
We're creating the future of real-time analytics. We're re-imagining what it could be so we can deliver a modern analytics experience and enable anyone to…
Amazon Dev Centre (London) Ltd
A typical day for an SDE involves attending standups and other sprint ceremonies; discussing architectures, designs, and operations; using data (CS contacts,…
Ability both communicate to senior stakeholders & engage at the developer level. Software Engineering Manager - Digital Applications. What will you be doing?
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to…