Senior Java Engineer / Senior Java Developer - Contract (Outside IR35)
Who we are:
Nutmeg is Europe’s leading Digital Wealth Manager, but we don’t want to stop there. We’re continuing to build our platform to help us achieve our mission of being the most trusted Digital Wealth Manager in the world.
Since being founded in 2011 we've:
- Grown to 160+ employees
- Raised over £100M in funding
- Launched 4 amazing products including JISA and Lifetime ISA
- Won multiple awards including Best Online Stocks & Shares ISA Provider for the fifth year in a row!
We hit the 130,000 investor milestone in early 2021 and now manage over £3 billion AUM.
*We offer flexible working*
Job in a nutshell:
We are looking for a Senior Java Engineer on a contract basis to help fill in the gap whilst we focus on hiring permanent members of staff. You will sit within one of our Internal Operations engineering teams and as part of this project you will be responsible for the APIs and backend services that make Nutmeg run e.g. logins, payments, trading & financial reporting. Within a cross functional team (Engineering & product) you will co-own product delivery end-to-end. Whilst efficiently coding, testing & deploying Java applications you will be expected to work collectively with peers and be able to contribute to new tech discussions.
- Good understanding of APIs and REST
- Knowledge and experience with creating microservices
- Experience with Git or other similar distributed SCM systems
- Experience with event driven systems i.e. Kafka
- Strong bias in test-driven development (TDD) and automation (unit, feature, integration and regression)
- Exposure to building applications on cloud platforms, familiarity with AWS
- Knowledge of how to work on a *nix desktop environment (OS X, GNU/Linux) and be familiar with the terminal
You might also have:
- Practical understanding of the Spring framework
- Commercial experience in a regulated industry
- Willing to attend conferences and meet-ups
- A keen contributor to open source projects