Senior Learning Business Partner, Human Resources, Enabling Functions, London
The development of our people is a key component of our People Priorities, and our Employee Value Proposition. Our role is to support the performance and growth of around 20,000 colleagues that collectively comprise Deloitte UK.
Our Talent and Learning mission is to “Measurably improve the experience and performance of colleagues at Deloitte”. Learning is a vital component of our employee experience proposition and the role of the Senior Learning Business Partner is to be the critical two-way link between the business and our centers of excellence in the talent & learning team.
As a Senior Learning Business Partner you will report directly to the Director of Talent & Learning. You will be responsible for leading a small team of learning business partners and acting as the primary interface for your service line. This means developing a deep understanding of your business and acting as a strategic advisor to your service line. You will provide the interlock between centrally provided learning services and solutions, and the specific requirements of your service line via participation in learning governance groups. Your role contributes true value to the bottom line and is recognized as essential for short and long-term strategic business planning.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Reporting to the Director of Talent & Learning, you will lead the business partnering team for your service line, building trusted advisor relationships with senior stakeholders in your business and playing a central role in the learning governance and strategic direction for your service line population.
- Provide strategic input to the service line learning plan, acting as a trusted advisor and learning expert
- Play an account management role, developing strong relationships with key stakeholders and a deep understanding of service line specific audiences and business strategy
- Design, develop and deploy learning solutions that will measurably improve performance and experience in ways aligned with the business strategy
- Collaborate with learning centres of excellence and third party vendors in the design, development and delivery of learning solutions
- Act as a performance consultant, enabling the service line to make best use of centrally delivered services & solutions, and creating bespoke solutions as needed
- Understand and drive implementation of a common and aligned service-line specific learning strategy, so as to reflect the business need as well as the learning CoE strategy
- Represent learning at service line governance meetings, in order to align central learning strategy and service line learning strategy
- Lead audience analysis and user testing to ensure learning solutions deliver business results
- Lead a small team of business partners to deliver measurable improvement in performance and experience for your service line population
- Build performance consulting methodologies and capability in your team
- As an expert, lead on aligned and common service line projects, and represent your business area as required
- Lead in an inclusive way, building a sense of belonging and supporting the growth of your team.
- Measure the impact of your team’s work on performance and experience, providing management information relating to the return on investment for learning interventions
- Lead the budget process for service line aligned learning activities
- Continuously improve the service line learning offer and customer experience.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
This is a permanent contract opportunity.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- Experience at senior manager level, with a proven track record in core HR competencies and exposure to the associated risks.
- Adept at communicating, influencing, coaching, educating, challenging and managing senior stakeholders.
- Excellent knowledge of innovative learning design and delivery methods.
- Familiar with performance consulting methods and theory.
- Strong financial management / commercial acumen.
- Experience of developing digital learning and performance support solutions.
- The ability to translate client business needs into realistic and achievable plans in collaboration with the learning CoEs.
- The ability to provide leadership, work collaboratively, and consult effectively and independently with senior levels of the organization.
- Proven team leadership and management skills and ability to create a high performing, motivating, supportive and collaborative team environment.
- Familiarity with project management principles.
At Deloitte, we’re all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000 strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, you’ll be making an impact for all the hugely influential organisations Deloitte works with too. Covering all our distinct areas: Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what’s more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We’ll support you all the way.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 181048