Senior Packaging Designer
The Body Shop
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. Over 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible. Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
The Body Shop, along with Aesop and Natura, is part of Natura & Co, a global, multi-channel and multi-brand cosmetics group that is committed to generating positive economic, social and environmental impact. Group owner Natura is Brazil's number one cosmetics manufacturer. Sustainable development has been the company's guiding principle since it was founded in 1969. In fact, this is an incredibly exciting time for The Body Shop. We’re fighting for what we believe in now more than ever. No holding back. Breaking the mould has always come naturally to us, and we need someone who’s not afraid to mix things up.
Your role in a nutshell
A strong and inspiring Senior Packaging Designer who will drive and bring to life The Body Shop’s global brand purpose through best in class design and storytelling. You will take direction from the Packaging Lead while working collaboratively with a multidisiplined omnichannel team and key Brand, VM, Retail and Print stakeholders to create distruputive, consumer first, engaging packaging design with a innovative and sustainability led approach.
As the Senior designer you will take responsibility for the concept development and visual design of creative projects, while fully understanding the full 360 onmichannel customer journies, touchpoints and product strategies.
You will thrive on new challenges, willing to think and work in new ways, able to present and articulate concepts clearly, communicate positively, and debate with peers and influence various stakeholders.
More about the role
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Drive the creative design across the global brand’s omnichannel touchpoints and platforms; promoting products whilst building the brand
- Bring the global brand strategy and positioning to life and effectively communicate this in a coherent, disruptive and distinctive visual identity across all packaging touch points
- Partner with Packaging Lead to deliver best-in-class global designs covering a multitude of international events and campaigns
- Partners with external agencies/vendors including: product development, packaging vendors and consultants. Support and influence end to end process.
- Works collaboratively with overall Creative teams across projects from concept through to final output
What we look for
Experience & Skills: A pro-active and capable individual who thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Understanding of omnichannel design and how packaging design lives across the omnichannel platforms.
- Proven experience working in a Senior Packaging Design role; working cross functionally within a fast-paced environment and delivering strong levels of success through design led propositions that match corporate objectives
- Extensive creative experience within Packaging with a deep understanding of sustainable and innovative solutions within the sector
- Evidence of delivering strong packaging designs for gifting with strong focus on illustration
- Strong knowledge of artwork/repro/print/production/finishing processes
- Excellent appreciation of material limitations/solutions
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Flexible outlook with a solution-orientated approach and able to priotise mutliple projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills – can communicate concisely and confidently at all levels
- Experience working cross-culturally or in a global environment is an advantage
- A strong focus on ‘getting things done’
- Current knowledge of retail – both The Body Shop and other relevant brands
- Current and fluent knowledge of key design software such as Adobe Creative Suite