Senior Pricing Manager
AXA is committed to being at the forefront of data driven underwriting and is investing further in people, tools and business changes to make data driven analytics become more embedded across the Commercial business.
In the past 18 months the pricing team have been at the heart of a project delivering once in a generation change through the development and rollout of new web and data lake-based pricing/underwriting tools.
Whilst further improvements to the tools are planned, the next two pillars of focused efforts include building informative and actionable management information to give self-serve tools to decision makers as well as building and deploying predictive models.
Desirable profiles would include prior insurance predictive modelling experience, coupled with software expertise including SAS & Emblem (or equivalent such as SQL, R and Python), an interest in working across multiple lines of business (property, liability and motor) alongside a practical focus on the implementable rather than purely technical view.
If you are keen to be a key part of an exciting change agenda, develop your career and work with a highly engaged business unit and team we would very much like to hear from you.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Lines Pricing & Analytics, our Senior Pricing Manager willeffectively manage work and resources within the Commercial Pricing team delivering on the roadmap for MI, predictive modelling and rating engine change across Commercial.
What you will be doing?
- You will be leading the Technical Pricing team, supporting your direct report managers (team of 2-4) and Analysts in the team by offering expert direction and oversight.
- You will act as a trusted leader to the team by resolving any issues arising.
- You will be involved in planning - creating, updating, tracking and reporting against plans, milestones and budgets ensuring the short-term activity translates into longer term transformation objectives.
- Team building - recruitment of highly effective and empowered people to help foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Support the team through transformation, prioritising projects according to business opportunity and risk.
- Build relationships with AXA Business partners, external parties and other AXA entities to ensure that Pricing related impacts are understood.
- Promote knowledge sharing and development within the team.
- Next Generation Data – you will ensure that the data needs of the business are met and lead the team in leading the build of a suite of pricing MI.
Modelling - Support and advise the team to build robust models (including risk, behavioural, expense and commission) across all lines of business, including Property, Casualty and Commercial Motor from all methods of placements, including business written directly, via delegated schemes, e-traded or via intermediaries.
Skills & Experience:
- You will have experience of effectively leading a team of managers and analysts, collaborating with peers and direct reports successfully to achieve challenging goals.
- You will be strategically focussed with the ability to understand the bigger picture and plan for the future.
- We are seeking a commercially astute individual who has good intuition for top and bottom line impacts of business decisions and their dependencies, as well as a practical approach to implementing change in the business.
- Prior exposure to conduct, compliance regulatory controls – able to build, develop and comply with existing, developing and new control frameworks.
- You will be highly self-motivated with a positive outlook.
- You will have the ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills, confidence to professionally challenge across the business, with the intensity and persistence to lead ideas through to implementation.
- Possess a strength of character to be determined to resolve difficult goals.
- You will thrive with ambiguity with the ability to respond well to unfamiliar problems and resolve ambiguity with simple solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines, whilst maintaining reliability and accuracy. Always focused on impacting the business positively.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
AXA is proud to support the needs of our employees and as such understands everyone has individual work and home life responsibilities. We are therefore happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role, should this be a requirement for you.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, the number one global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
What We Offer
What we offer
- Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own
- Private medical insurance
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Flexible benefit options including pension and life cover flexing, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, health, dental and critical illness plans and bikes4work.
- Discount on AXA Insurance products, including insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare
and many more.
Rewards and Benefits
As well as a supportive and rewarding working culture, you'll enjoy a good holiday allowance and generous company pension scheme. Depending on your role you’ll have the opportunity to buy share options, a car allowance and private medical insurance. Note that benefits can vary according to the different part of AXA and the role itself.
Pay and Bonus
We carefully consider our pay levels and carry out a review each year so you are paid fairly for what you do. When AXA does well, we share in its success and all employees are eligible for a discretionary bonus payment each year, dependant on individual and company performance.
Pension and Life Cover
We want to help you actively plan for a financially healthy retirement, so we offer a Defined Contribution Pension Scheme. This means that we contribute to your pension fund depending on the amount you choose to pay in.
Work life balance is important. Our holiday entitlements start at a minimum of 22 days (plus bank holidays) dependent on the business area or the role, increasing up to 28 days (plus bank holidays) with length of service. Depending on which part of AXA you work in, there’s also flexibility to buy up to five additional days or sell up to three days, helping you to achieve the right balance for you.
We recognise and reward you when you demonstrate the behaviours that make AXA great.
Employees are also invited to take part in the annual share plan. Employees can buy shares and also be offered an interest free loan to purchase shares if they don’t want to purchase outright.
Depending on your role, you may be entitled to additional benefits such as Private Medical Insurance, Company Car or Long Term Incentive Plans.