Senior Program Manager
Amazon UK Services Ltd. London a month ago
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Business Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Sound business background, ideally working in a Customer Service or Outsource service environment.
- Project/Program management experience.
- Proven experience in the delivery of large scale complex cross-functional change projects in a project management capacity.
- Define the direction for both programs and projects and gain consensus and clear alignment at all levels as appropriate, within Amazon's Customer Service.
- Interact with cross-disciplinary and cross functional teams like Customer Service Operations, Retail, and Transportation, software development and IT to design the project’s standard operational procedures, processes and technical requirements.
- Define, prioritize and plan the projects within a program that need to be implemented to carry out on the process and technical requirements.
- Schedule, secure resources and coordinate cross functional teams to deliver to these projects.
- Monitor the execution and ensure the delivery of projects in a program is to an appropriate level of quality, ensuring the overall integrity of the request.
- Monitor project’s overall progress; anticipate risks, resolve issues and initiate corrective action as appropriate.
- Supervise the dependencies and the interfaces between projects and negotiate the trade-offs needed.
- Provide overall stakeholder management and project progress reporting on a regular basis.
- Where applicable coordinate and oversee third party contributions to the project and program.
- End to end responsibility for the program's execution and completion.
- Proven ability to influence change at all levels within an organization.
- Expert planner with business process definition experience and a solid IT aptitude.
- Decision Making and Complex Problem Solving; a system thinker who effectively gathers the right data from appropriate sources to makes the right decisions.
- A Big thinker who can look creatively for solutions, but can probe and consider all the facts and details, while still staying aligned with the long term plans and goals.
- Can act reliably, promptly and confidently.
- Good communicator both verbally and written with an ability to communicate at all levels in the organization (technical, business, executive).
- Think and act with the big picture in mind while controlling tactically.
- PMP certified or equivalent project management certification.
- Practiced working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques.