EF - Education First is the world leader in international education. Our mission is to break down barriers in language, culture, and geography and so far, we have helped over 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree. We have 500 schools and offices in over 50 countries and employ over 52,000 staff and teachers. In today’s increasingly complex and interdependent world our mission is more relevant than ever.
EF is investing big in new software innovation products for the next generation of Education experiences. We want to reinvent Learning and drive new and engaging ways for Students, Parents and Teachers to get the best out of our platform. We’re looking for like-minded individuals who love to grow and solve new and interesting problems.
About the role
The English Live engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help shape the front-end architecture for our next generation online school.
You will be part of a team that is committed to quality and dedicated to putting our customers first. You will be involved in all aspects of product development and will work as part of a cross-functional software engineering team.
We’re pragmatic about the tech stacks we use and see all experience across Cloud, Web and Mobile as a plus. You can expect to learn the latest industry best practices, use the latest technologies and work with extremely talented people.
We’re looking for someone to
- Help us shape our front-end architecture
- Help us define our front-end development best practices
- Work with the engineering team to drive quality and grow our skillset
- Deliver high quality, maintainable and cross-platform code
- Break down complex problems into simple solutions
We’re looking for someone who has
- A Bachelors in Computer Science or relevant experience with a strong understanding of software engineering principles, patterns and practices including code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration/deployment etc
- Over 5 years' experience shipping modern web applications at scale - cloud-native, apidriven and responsive with considerations of authorization, localization, caching etc. (i18n, cdn, webpack, bundling etc.)
- Bonus points if you have experience with public clouds, microservices, containers, backends-for-frontends, mobile native development, product analytics, devops
What we offer
- The chance to work with an amazing team of designers, engineers, academics and product people
- A beautiful, green, multi-national office based in Chelsea, London
- An opportunity to have a positive impact on people’s lives
- Weekly allocated R&D time to learn, develop and innovate
- Onsite gym with free fitness and wellness classes
- Regular social activities with a provided budget
- High-end equipment (MacBook Pro etc.)