Senior Software Developer
Marex is an essential tech-enabled liquidity hub, connecting clients to global energy, metals, agriculture and financial markets. Across our businesses we provide critical high value-add services in Market Making, Commercial Hedging, Price Discovery and Data & Advisory. Headquartered in London, we have 18 offices worldwide with over 1,000 employees across Europe, Asia and North America.
This role will be focused on developing high availability systems for the processing of post trade workflows.
- Assisting with requirements elicitation and the scoping of Epics, Stories and Bugs
- Collaborating with other team members in the development of applications using a test-driven approach
- Implementing best practices in the design and development of the firm's solutions
- Designing, coding and testing software in line with business requirements
- Following Agile principles in managing the software development lifecycle
- Proposing new ideas and technologies for the betterment of the firm's product suite
- Proactively contributing to the shared libraries/components maintained by the department
- Assisting in the diagnosis and resolution of support issues in a timely manner
- Ensuring adherence to policies and procedures subject to internal and external audit such as security and compliance
Skills & Experience:
- Strong C# server-side skills in .NET/Core
- Strong knowledge of web technology (Angular, React, RESTful APIs, CSS, Web Sockets)
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server, Oracle highly advantageous
- Familiar with deployment automation and build environments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Continuous delivery of software within an Agile framework
If this sounds like the role you're ready for, we'd love to hear from you!
Marex Spectron is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the company.