The company: Securium is an advanced cyber intelligence company focused on developing secure data-driven applications with a mission to protect and improve the lives of vulnerable individuals online - especially children. We are winners of the 2019 Surrey Business Award’s “Start-up of the year”, have had our technology featured in the Telegraph newspaper, and have active engagements with several key global business partners.
We're now growing our technical team. If you are a Senior Software Engineer who wants to join a high-performing team making a difference in the fight against cybercrime, then we’d like you to apply for this role.
The role: You’ll work with a team developing cyber intelligence applications and systems to support the government, law enforcement and commercial customers. You will be designing, developing, and deploying software for a Safer Internet that embodies approaches familiar to those with exposure to several areas of data science, as well as providing for scalable customer deployments via world-leading cloud-based systems involving serverless and containers.
This role would be ideal for someone who is proactive with a willingness to learn and adapt, and has a delivery mindset. Someone with analytical and creative thinking that can find solutions that balance the client’s needs against costs, schedules and risks.
- UK/EU Citizen or valid Visa to work in the UK.
- Proven experience in programming languages; particularly Python.
- Ability to design, build, and test robust, efficient and maintainable solutions.
- Ability to lead on new backend or full-stack features as required.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to constructively criticize and assess others’ work.
- Ability to coach and mentor others to maximise their potential.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning / Natural language processing / Deep Learning
The Location: Our Head Office is located in Guildford Business Park. We also have shared working space in the heart of London, at Piccadilly, in the prestigious offices of Telefonica/O2, our partners. We have flexibility regarding working location, whether remotely, in central London, or at our vibrant HQ. Our preference is to have the whole team working from Guildford office, otherwise, we would expect you to join us in person once per week at the team meetings.
- Flexible working opportunities
- Competitive salary
- 20 days Annual Leave plus 8 Bank Holidays, increasing by 1 day per year
- Free on-site parking and convenient access to the A3 (HQ)
- Free shuttle buses from Guildford train station to Guildford Business Park (HQ)
- Free Wellbeing activities, including Pilates classes (HQ)
- Free drinks available on both sites.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual Dress
- Company Pension
- Discounted or Free Food
- Flexible Schedule
- On-site Parking
- Sick Pay
- Wellness Programmes
- Work From Home
- Temporarily due to COVID-19