Senior Software Engineer
Welcome to the UK's leading embedded lender
Lending Works is the UK's leading embedded finance provider. Using innovative technology, Lending Works enables partner firms to provide their consumer customers with access to credit products quickly and simply, resulting in a game-changing customer experience. Current partners include leading FinTechs, retailers and intermediaries including Revolut, Moneysupermarket, Clearscore, Experian, Asda Money and many others.
Founded with strong values, Lending Works is passionate about making people’s lives better by providing simple and fair financial products. Since launching in 2014, individual and institutional investors have lent more than £200m to 30,000 creditworthy people via the Lending Works platform. Lending Works forecasts to grow to £1bn of loans per annum by 2025.
Lending Works has recently completed a private equity transaction and has a new principal shareholder that will fund and support our entire business plan.
This candidate will be a backend web developer responsible for managing part of the financial core, and maintenance of Lending Works core system. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will be well versed in the agile work methodology and be a keen advocate of our team's continuous move towards agile. You will also be responsible for researching, designing and implementing different solutions to satisfy the company growth defined in the yearly Roadmap. You will be required to mentor your co-workers and drive assigned projects, therefore a basic understanding of front-end technologies is also necessary. You would be working directly with stakeholders, therefore you would need to be self-sufficient managing assigned work to deliver solutions as a team and independently.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed with a combination of server-side logic (Full-stack)
- Building new features, modules and extension for different frameworks and platforms
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimisation of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of automated testing frameworks and test cases
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent experience programming with Object-Oriented Programming Languages such as PHP
- Excellent experience working with Laravel 5 framework, cache systems (Redis)
- Proficient knowledge of SQL and integration of multiple data sources/databases into one system (Postgres and/or Oracle)
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Outputting data in different formats, XML or JSON
- Master of Software and Microservices Design Patterns
- Experience building and working with highly scalable distributed systems, ideally within the Financial Services and/or gaming
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
The following skills will be advantageous
- Experience working with AWS (Amazon Web services)
- Experience working with NodeJS programming language
- Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence, Service Desk, gliffy, etc) or similar tools knowledge
What do we offer?
- A friendly and vibrant working culture and people who are always keen to help each other
- A place for you to grow and develop
- Generous pension scheme, life and health insurance and a range of other employee benefits
- Great opportunity to work with one of the rising stars in FinTech
- Training/Conference budget
- Ability to work from home when needed (COVID-19: We are permanently working from home)
- Monthly Socials and monthly breakfast
- We are an Apple house - Macbook Pro for developers
Our friendly offices are at 60 Gray's Inn Rd, London, WC1, a short walk from Chancery Lane, Farringdon and Holborn tube stations. (COVID-19: We are permanently working from home)
We look forward to meeting you!