Senior UX / User Experience Designer - Asset Management, Associate - London
About the Opportunity
As a Sr. UX Designer, you will leverage your deep understanding of experience design for digital products. You'll be at the forefront of our efforts and be directly responsible for decisions that form our client and advisor experiences. This is a hands-on designer role. You will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team that includes researchers, content writers, product managers, engineers, and business partners who share your passion for delivering unique and innovative financial digital products and services of all kinds, including trading and advice platforms. In addition, this role is based in London, working directly with an international team located in London, New York, Bangalore, Singapore, Hong Kong, Glasgow and Geneva.
You're actively involved in defining product strategy
- You think in terms of systems and make rational design decisions
- You obsess over details and are excited to polish until your work is pixel-perfect
- You are constantly pushing your limits and searching for opportunities to become better
- Your team collaboration and communication skills are unparalleled
- You're passionate about user research and you place the customer's needs above your own preferences
- You have a deep love for design and shaping experiences for users
- Extensive commercial experience of UX Design
- You can distill complicated problems into simple and elegant solutions
- You can accurately make decisions that guide the product direction with little information
- You have an understanding of what makes an experience good or bad is critical. You can think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them
- You have the ability to influence others and provide thought leadership on design
- We love making things beautiful and hope you feel the same. You have a deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space
- You have a highly refined aesthetic sense and can both work within and expand our design systems
- You're a self-starter who actively seeks ways to make the experience both visually appealing and easy to use
- You look for opportunities to solve problems in unusual and innovative ways
- You understand the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions and have enough chops to communicate your ideas to our engineers
- Experience designing for the web and understanding how to apply both form and function within it while maintaining simplicity
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical work experience in Design
- You have an online portfolio demonstrating superior product design experiences (required for application) - Please note we cannot access file sharing software (e.g. DropBox)
- You are willing to work outside of 9am-5pm hours in order to accommodate communications with international colleagues
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
© 2020 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.