Senior Visual Designer
8x8, Inc. London a month ago
As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. [NYSE: EGHT] is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
We are looking for an exceptional individual with years of experience creating design style guides and visual designs for consumer-centric products.
As a Sr Visual Designer you must have an eye for detail and pixel perfect designs. You have mastered iconography, texture, space, color, type and you excel at: applying user-centered design (UCD) techniques; working with diverse internal and external stakeholders and welcoming honest, candid feedback. You’re passionate about inclusive and accessible design. You can communicate the value and functionality in design, icons, typography, colour, and illustration. When faced with limits, you become more, not less creative. You are positive and committed with a 'can-do' attitude and a flexible approach. You’re a self starter, proactive, organised, curious, humble and empathetic, and you can multi-task across multiple workstreams.
- Lead large visual projects, on web, desktop and mobile apps
- Create a strong visual design point-of-view and help cross functional teams to understand the design language and principles
- Work collaboratively with other designers in a fast-paced environment
- Help create, maintain, and evolve our design system
- Delivering all aspects of amazing user experience design while working with product managers, engineers, interaction designers, and usability researchers to deliver world-class products across all 8x8 products.
- Evangelize design throughout the organisation
- Foster a fun, creative, collaborative team spirit
Experience and Skills
- Extensive experience as a visual designer, creating pixel perfect graphics, icons and interfaces.
- Portfolio demonstrating experience developing and communicating UX design guidelines and design specifications
- Proficiency designing for web, mobile, wearables, digital interfaces embedded in physical software environments that delight the customer.
- Skilled in interface design, branding and identity strategy, illustration, photography, data visualisation, iconography, user experience, prototyping, art direction
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to work closely and effectively with Product Management and Engineering leaders, marketing, and other UX professionals
- BA/BS in fine arts, graphic arts, human factors or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in Design & Prototyping tools: Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe CC, Axure, Keynote, PowerPoint, Zeplin
- Experience at digital marketing and advertising agencies or startups a plus
- Experience designing on consumer-friendly experiences with expert knowledge of design patterns is a plusA portfolio review will be required as part of the interview process. Candidates without a portfolio of past work will not be considered.
For a closer look into what life at 8x8 UK Ltd. is about check out our Instagram page.
8x8 believes diversity makes our company stronger which is why we are a proud equal opportunities employer and encourage all of our staff to bring their authentic selves to work. We believe in fairness which is why we have been a member of the Living Wage Foundation for many years and we believe in security so reserve the right to undertake background checks on anyone that we extend an employment offer to. For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.