Service and Repair Engineer - Within M25 & Home Counties
Why Prism Medical UK?
Are you a skilled Service Engineer looking for a technically varied and rewarding role?
Prism Medical UK is part of the Prism Healthcare Group, who are a reputable healthcare company employing circa 600 colleagues, across various locations within the UK. We work with a variety of mobility equipment, including moving, handling and bathing devices, committing to the ongoing safety and wellbeing of the people who use our equipment. Through our family of brands, we are best positioned to share our experience and expertise with every client and customer.
What you'll be doing
The Service Engineer will be responsible for the service maintenance and repair needs of a varied range of medical devices.
Delivering excellent service applying a customer centric and empathetic approach to the end user, you will have a ‘can do’ approach to problem solving with a tenacious attitude to achieving a first time fix in all repair circumstances to ensure completion of the assigned daily workload.
You will work in partnership with a number of Local Authorities, Care Homes and private customers, liaising with colleagues and the Regional Operations Manager when required.
Essential duties will include:
- Daily service maintenance and repair needs of customer and client equipment adhering to medical device alerts.
- Managing van stock levels in line with achieving a first time fix to complete the assigned daily workload.
- Identifying required specialist parts via equipment user manuals and communicating these requests to central point via PDA device.
- Maintaining tools and test equipment ensuring they are properly calibrated and reviewed in line with H&S compliance.
- Communicate/escalate issues to the back office scheduling team.
- Participate in the company 24/7/365 call out rota and act as support in times of business need.
What we’re looking for
· An engineer with previous experience of working within a service repair environment.
· Substantial experience of M&H medical device technical ability with a proven history of repair resolution.
· Experience of working in patient care environments
What you’ll get in return
- Salary up to £27000 per annum plus £4200 when participating in our OOH rota
- 20 days’ annual leave + statutory
- Company Vehicle with assigned Fuel Card
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Throughout your time at Prism Medical, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £27,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep our employees as safe as possible, we provide masks, gloves and hand sanitiser, in addition to following all current Government guidelines.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place