Social Performance Specialist
-Location: Global locations for internal employees, London or South Africa for external candidates
Are you full of great ideas? Join us and innovate with purpose.
Join us as the Social Performance Specialist where you will provide support and coordinate the provision of guidance to Anglo American owned operations with respect to the Social Way awareness, training and assurance programme, internal engagement and integration, and the development of a new social performance information management system.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives", delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
Group Corporate Relations includes Corporate Communication, Social Performance and Engagement, and International and Government Relations. Together we drive activity to build and protect a strong and differentiated corporate reputation and brand. We ensure that Anglo American stands out as a trusted leader in responsible mining, unlocking long-term value for shareholders, employees and society as a whole.
- Job Description
-Coordinate Social Way 3.0 training programme and annual Social Way assurance process
- Support with the development of Social Performance engagement materials to promote improved integration and cross-functional working
- Support with the preparation and management of quarterly and annual Social Performance reporting deliverables
- Support Group Social Performance colleagues in the execution of functional projects and initiatives
- Support the development and roll-out of new information management system, as appropriate, to ensure system alignment with Social Way 3.0 requirements
- Review current process and data inputs related to the identification grievances and incidents with social consequences in order to identify gaps and improve approach for management and reporting
This role is in the Group Corporate Relations: Social Performance Department at a Band 6 level reporting to the Social Performance Principal.
-Knowledge of and proven ability to operate in the field of sustainability and / or social performance within the mining / extractive / natural resources industry
- Knowledge of social performance and / or sustainability / environmental issues, risk and impacts and integrating these issues into core risk and impact management systems
- Applying international standards and industry best practice, such as the IFC Performance Standards, ICMM Good Practice Guidance, Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Right etc. for the extractives industry (desirable).
- Familiarity with stakeholder engagement approaches and experiences development materials to support engagement processes
- Developing and implementing social performance management systems for businesses and operations that are integrated with core business management systems
- Knowledge of Social performance / sustainability management software systems
-What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of the process
Closing Date: 29th January