Software Development Senior Manager
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
What's it all about?
As a Director in Issuer Processing, you will manage the Platform Services development team based in our US offices where you will be responsible and accountable for the design, development, and support of multiple applications across several hardware platforms.
This position will have responsibility of day-to-day management of a team of up to 15 software developers and will also contribute to the software development process. This position will report to the Sr. Director of Issuer Processing Platform Services development based in Highlands Ranch.
- Build and maintain a high performing team; hire and retain the right talent in the right role
- Develop and empower direct reports to make appropriate technical decisions
- Demonstrate Visa’s core values and maintain a positive and open demeanor
- Foster a culture of teamwork, collaboration and mentoring
- Manage resources in alignment with forecast models
- Partner with Product resources to identify clear business requirements
- Manage development resources by setting clear business and technical expectations
- Manage development resources across multiple technologies including .Net, Java, SQL, NoSQL, Windows, Unix/Linux
- Work collaboratively with senior management, architecture and senior development staff to develop broadly acceptable solutions
- Set resource goals and delegate project work
- Drive consistency in artifacts and deliverables, budgets, and resource planning
- Identify process improvements and/or ineffective use of project hours and resources
- Generate innovative ideas, solutions, and opportunities to contribute to the Visa enterprise and Issuer Processing success
- Ensure resource availability to support deployment activities in various environments
- Take complete responsibility of the full life cycle of projects and oversee software release implementations when required
- Design and develop highly scalable and fault-tolerant systems using multiple technologies
What we're after?
High level of professional experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD), or a PhD. Equivalent professional experience also considered and welcomed.
- Experience of managing teams with the following technologies - .Net, Java, SQL, NoSQL, Windows, Unix/Linux
- Experience managing full life cycle of projects and overseeing software release implementations
- Experience managing is large scale environments
- Agile development methodology experience (Scrum/Kanban) preferred
Strong analytical, problem determination and customer relations skills
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.