Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Sourcing Specialist, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
To support the Senior Souring Lead and Head of Sourcing in determining and managing the sourcing strategy within a defined category or sub categories (Technology & Professional Services), identifying and engaging with key senior stakeholders to ensure a robust methodology is utilised to identify requirements, search and appraise appropriate supply sources and negotiate contracts. To manage the Visa sourcing process, including a detailed category market analysis and preparation of materials/reporting formats for management gateways. The jobholder will also support the Senior Sourcing Lead in providing sourcing and procurement advice to designated business areas, acting as a category centre of expertise to the business, and will contribute to the wider strategic planning of the Procurement Team.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Engage with stakeholders to understand business requirements and to define and implement the category strategy, plans and processes for sourcing goods and services within a designated category or sub-categories, supported by the Senior Sourcing Lead.
- Support the Senior Sourcing Lead by acting as a point of excellence to a specific business or function within Europe, supporting the leadership team, helping to formulate sourcing strategies that meet their business goals and assisting with any strategic decision making that requires procurement input.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge and understanding of the business / function’s business drivers and have a comprehensive understanding of how this fits into the overall Visa business strategy.
- Advise the business / function on procurement policies, processes and best practice, providing support as required.
- Supporting the Senior Sourcing Lead on the planning and prioritisation activities of the category or sub-categories, to ensure that the most important opportunities in terms of business needs, cost savings and risk mitigation are delivered and that the right priorities are selected.
- Manage and drive key sourcing activities for business projects ensuring that they are delivered on time and to budget with appropriate risk management.
- Maintain a holistic view across Visa both Europe and globally, identifying opportunities for consolidation of business requirements.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with key existing strategic suppliers and identify potential new partners within categories of responsibility.
- Manage and ensure compliance to Visa’s sourcing process, acting as a champion and internal consultant for each stage in the process.
- Develop category or sub-category strategy, plans, sourcing pipelines and savings
- Work with Finance Business Partners throughout budget setting process ensuring alignment to the category sourcing pipeline
- Own, manage and track cost savings targets.
- Guide and support junior colleagues on sourcing and related procurement matters.
- Contribute to the wider Sourcing Teams (Europe and Global) and provide representation on key change programmes and leadership forums across Visa.
- Develop relationships with Global Procurement counterparts ensuring alignment with the Global procurement strategy and categories.
Thinking about careers differently...
At Visa, we are passionate to offer our employees compelling career growth opportunities. As such, even if you do not have experience of this function there could be skills or experiences, which would transfer well. For this role, the key skills required are:
- Educated to degree level, ideally in a business or legal discipline
- Postgraduate procurement accreditation preferred (MCIPS or MIIAPS)
- Previous specific category sourcing experience in complex markets
- Proven track record in category / sub-categories, with comparable levels of spend and complexity
- Proven capability in negotiating sourcing deals in complex markets
- Good IT skills and working knowledge of Ariba or equivalent e-procurement system
- Good supplier and contract management experience would be valuable
- Demonstrable influencing skills and senior stakeholder management
- Experience in working in a fast paced Global organisation with multiple reporting lines
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.