Strategist - Permanent
About Hugo & Cat
Hugo & Cat is a digital and customer experience agency. We partner with global clients to help them transform, innovate and grow. We’re a team of 90+ working across London, New York and Chicago for clients including Sony, S&P Global, Tourism Ireland, GSK, Pfizer, and Stanley Black & Decker. We are ambitious, restless and collaborative. We are part of the IPG network.
We are looking for a Strategist to join the growing team at Hugo & Cat.
In Strategy, we are a small and focused crew where everyone pulls their weight. It’s exciting and entrepreneurial, with the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects - from imagining future customer experience visions for global clients, to designing digital ecosystems and platforms, to writing customer-facing content and comms. All working together with our Research, UX, Design and Technology teams across London, New York and Chicago.
As a Strategist, we’d expect you to have around 3-4 years of experience in an agency or client-side. You’ll have the chance to lead some projects and will support with others - analysing clients’ businesses, exploring competitive and customer opportunities, and forming strategies that help our clients connect with customers. We’d expect you to have a background in strategic analysis and creative problem-solving - whether that’s in brand, digital, marketing, customer experience or product design and innovation.
You’ll be smart, proactive and enthusiastic, with a lot of ideas and a willingness to try things out. In return, we promise an exciting, welcoming and open culture, with lots of opportunities and scope to grow as we grow.
Everything at Hugo & Cat is geared around creating world-class customer experiences for clients large and small.
For Strategy, this means researching the market and competitive trends, interviewing clients and using desk research to understand their businesses, their products and services; and speaking to customers to uncover the opportunities to improve experiences and build more loyalty with the brand.
It’s all about close collaboration with our clients and their customers so we can spot opportunities to make stand out, highly differentiated and ownable work. Whether by refining an existing product proposition or developing from scratch.
- A creative and strategic thinker, good at getting your head around client problems and finding new and interesting ways to tackle them.
- Not afraid to dig into new or complex industries, to quickly immerse yourself in them and enjoy working out the opportunities.
- Enjoy analysing the companies who you think do a great job of customer experience, producing stand-out products and moments that stick in the mind.
- Appreciate the high-level business strategy
- Can get into the detail then bring it back up into the key points, to align people quickly and give clients clear direction.
- Confident in both conceptual thinking and managing detailed information
- Confident running workshops and primary client or customer interviews
- Love presenting ideas back to clients.
- A strong line in creative writing also helps
- Excited by technology - what it makes possible, how it can make people’s lives easier
- Active using platforms that make our own work smarter and more collaborative (e.g. Miro, Milanote, Google Docs, task management)
- Comfortable writing compelling narratives through slides, getting thinking down quickly to build on together as a team.
As the Strategist you will:
- Gather and analyse materials provided by the Client
- Keep track of customer and category trends, including inspirational examples from different categories
- Work with the client to see their opportunities in the market and shape their strategy
- Structure compelling narratives for internal and client teams
- Be a fantastic distiller of information to the most salient points
- Playback key insights and findings
- Be happy working independently or collaboratively
- Support teams conducting primary stakeholder and customer interviews
- Support new business and pitching
- Rapid assimilation of large volumes of information
- Ability to analyse businesses and their competitive context
- Distillation of information down to the most salient points
- Structure and write a compelling, clear, coherent narrative
- Confident talking to clients and taking feedback
- Proficiency in presentation tools
- Experience with online collaboration tools ideal but not essential
Like everyone else, we have seen our ways of working change due to COVID-19. The health and wellbeing of our employees are paramount, and we have therefore adopted a remote working policy. Over the coming weeks we aim to begin a phased return to the office on a voluntary basis.
Hugo & Cat is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a fair assessment of applications and employment opportunities to all regardless of ethnicity, gender, age, or varying backgrounds.